Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: regarding the ayat 7:172

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
regarding the ayat 7:172
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:06:21 PM »
Dear Josheph

Salam.

I have a question regarding the ayat 7:172.

How do you understand this ayat.

If  I cannot remember what i did testify in my previous life then how can i be responsible for that.

As Allah says it, so it happend undoubtedly. But i want to understand it as much as possible. if you already made any post regarding this issue, would you please give me the link.

munir rana   

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: regarding the ayat 7:172
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »
Wa alaikum assalam brother Munir,

I have discussed this in at least a couple of different contexts; One in an article discussing whether believers have to pray in Arabic [1] and the other, in an article relating to testimony [2].

In the latter article, I wrote:

EACH ONE OF US HAS ALREADY TESTIFIED TO THE TRUTH OF ONE GOD

007:172
"And when your Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their loins, their descendants, and made them bear witness (Arabic: ashhadahum) against their own souls: Am I not your Lord? They said: Yes! we bear witness (Arabic: Shahidna). Less you should say on the Day of Resurrection: Surely we were heedless of this"

This 'testimony' taken from all souls at its spiritual birth cements the concept that perception of the existence of a supreme power (God) is innately instilled as part of human nature (Arabic: Fitrat). It is this very instinctive cognitive ability that is either corrupted from the truth by human volition, or grows in accordance with truth.

091:007-10
"And a soul and Him Who perfected / proportioned it. And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it. He is indeed successful who causes it to grow (purifies it), and he is indeed a failure who corrupts it (buries it)"

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCES

[1] DO WE HAVE TO PRAY IN ARABIC?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/do%20we%20have%20to%20pray%20in%20arabic%20FM3.htm
[2] SHAHADAH - THE TRUE TESTIMONY
http://quransmessage.com/articles/shahadah%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell