Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The issue of using the word Allah by non muslims in Malaysia

Offline adam

• View Profile
The issue of using the word Allah by non muslims in Malaysia
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
Dear Readers and in particular Bro. Joseph

Recently there has been an issue with the above mentioned subject in my beloved country, Malaysia. I am well aware of the article by brother Joseph and have read it many times with total agreement.

But there is something i think i need some help on.

1- Does God need muslims to protect the kalimah? or to go further, to protect Allah?
2- If christians use the word Allah in the bible, Malays are worried they might brainwash younger muslim toddlers to be trinitarians. to put it simpler, might pose a threat to the akidah.
3- majority of malay muslims have this idea that the God of the bible is totally different from Allah because of the trinity. does this mean that the malay muslims are softly committing shirk for believing that its not Allah the christians are committing kufr?

there might be many more questions i just cant think of right now, but i would certainly like for the members to comment.

Peace be upon all of you.

Offline Zack

• View Profile
Re: The issue of using the word Allah by non muslims in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
Hi Adam,

Good to hear from you, I have many Malay friends!! Just a few thoughts before Br. Joseph might write. As a non-trinitarian Christian myself, the idea of Malays wanting to stop Christians in their country from using the word Allah would seem to reflect a people living in fear and desiring to be insular, creating a greater distance between religious communities.

The way forward is to stand on truth, not living in fear. If the Bible does not teach the trinity, it is astonishing that there is fear amongst Muslims of their children being taught the trinity. Truth is powerful, however it is not allowed to express itself when it is behind fear.
- There are faithful Tauhid Bible translations with commentaries these days, Malays should seek to educate Christians on monotheism like the Prophet Muhammad did, helping them understand the oneness of God.
- In the Injil, Paul sets a rule to all Christians in the city of Corinth (1 Cor 7:17-21), never ask for the circumcised (ie. Muslims) to be non-circumcised (ie. Christians) and visa versa, because that is not important. Following truth is. The Bible opposes Christianization.

Dividing walls need to come down, not built up. There needs to be an understanding within Christianity of the Qur'an and Muhammad, calling all people to monotheism..... as well as Muslims having a simple logical understanding of the Bible and Isa.

Allah / God etc. is the God for all peoples. This is the inclusive message of the Prophet Muhammad I believe. Hopefully Malaysia follows his example. (-;

Wasalam,

Daniel

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »
Though The God is the name of Almighty of three monothiest religions of Jews,Christian and Islam but the names revealed to each religion are different therefore it is incumbent upon each religion to refer to God as such. There will be confusion if one member of religion calls God as the other religion calls. Therefore it is appropriate to call God as revealed by that religion so that there may not be confusion
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:28:26 AM »
Greetings all.

The only difference I can see is the " language" difference.

" The God" is the same,and the "message" is the same :

شَرَعَ لَكُم مِنَ الدّينِ ما وَصّىٰ بِهِ نوحًا وَالَّذى أَوحَينا إِلَيكَ وَما وَصَّينا بِهِ إِبرٰهيمَ وَموسىٰ وَعيسىٰ أَن أَقيمُوا الدّينَ وَلا تَتَفَرَّقوا فيهِ كَبُرَ عَلَى المُشرِكينَ ما تَدعوهُم إِلَيهِ اللَّهُ يَجتَبى إِلَيهِ مَن يَشاءُ وَيَهدى إِلَيهِ مَن يُنيبُ

42:13″ HE ( GOD) decreed for you the same "Deen" (message) decreed for Noah and what We inspired to you(Muhammed) and what We decreed for Abraham, Moses and Jesus:” You shall uphold this one "Deen"(message) and do not divide it.” The idol worshipers will greatly resent what you are inviting them to do. GOD redeems to Himself only those who totally submit.”

In my opinion the misunderstanding of the message creates different gods and different religions.

GOD less.

Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
Salaam.

Is it possible to propound the Common Message in a nutshell?

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 12:46:02 AM »
Salam All I would like to know as to what is the need for Christians to use the word Allah instead of God? Basically to attract people to their faith as the word Allah is very prevalent in Malaysia. To avoid any confusion the Muslims of Malaysia opposing this Christians plan to use Allah. This should not be permitted at any cost  because Allah is , in modern terms ,is the Trade Mark of Islam. As such nobody is permitted to use thus NAME!!! Thanks

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:46:00 AM »
Salaam.

I do not know the specifics of the Malaysian controversy.

But then, what word do the Arab Christians use, to refer to God?

However, Verse (29:46) must be kept in mind while dealing with Ahlul Kithab.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:02:56 AM »
Salam Bro Ismail The Ayah you have quoted says that The Name of Allah by the Ahle Kitab can be used I think. Malaysians should consider as per this Ayah to permit Christians & Jews to use Allah & who knows by using Allah they might be guided. Inshallah

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »
As-salam alaykum

The Arab Christians and Jews of Prophet Muhammad's time referred to their Lord as 'Allah' (5:18). This is true for many even today. Even the polytheists referred to their 'high' God as 'Allah' (39:38).

I share with interested readers a related article:

‘ALLAH’ IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE NAME FOR GOD
http://quransmessage.com/articles/allah%20is%20not%20an%20exclusive%20name%20for%20god%20FM3.htm

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »
Thanks for clarification Bro JAI. Malaysians are unnecessarily opposing about Allah's name being used by Ahle Kitab.

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »
Thanks All for your valuable insights.

peace be upon all of you.

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
Salaam Adam,

Danial is right, one must stand up to these radicals (my view of Muslims who behave this way) and not take stuff like this. Allah is a word for God in Arabic. Whether you believe in the Trinity of not, that is up to Allah/God to judge you.

Muslims/Arabs do not own that word, Rather Allah/God of the whole universe does and he created each human an equal.
Many Muslims who follow the Quran only and no Hadith get the same treatment and are ridiculed as being a non believer.

I guess it is time to do a You Tube video to educate people!!
I have a lot of friends who are Arab Christians and they speak English mainly, but Arabic as well and always refer to God as Allah. It is their God too, who cares!

I am sorry you are dealing with this from misguided people.. They certainly do not represent Islam or other True believing Muslims

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 12:05:20 PM »
salam everyone.

Thank you for all the insight.

It is suicide to stand up against the sunni majority in Malaysia. One must practice, belief in secrecy.