Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Halal or Zabiha Food-Stunning before cutting

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Halal or Zabiha Food-Stunning before cutting
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:53:57 AM »
Salam All I just read about Western chain of foods like KFC, McDonald ,subway & Pizza Hut  using Halal meat & Chicken for the use of Muslims. Some say that they are using the Halal process  by Stunning the animals before cutting their throat. I just wanted to know if Stunning is permitted in Islam ?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Halal or Zabiha Food-Stunning before cutting
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 02:16:07 AM »
Dear Sardar,

Wa alaikum assalam

I have already shared a dedicated article on this topic below.

SLAUGHTERING OF ANIMALS - THE CORRECT METHOD OF SACRIFICE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/slaughtering%20of%20animals%20-%20the%20correct%20method%20of%20sacrifice%20FM3.htm

In it I wrote "It should be noted that some stunning processes render an animal temporary immobile. This is not the contention here. The contention is purely that death that results as a direct cause of the blow to an animal renders it unlawful for consumption."

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Halal or Zabiha Food-Stunning before cutting
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 05:11:12 AM »
Thank you Bro JAI for clarification. Inshallah I will try to refer your articles & Question & Answers before asking a question. Thanks once again
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light