Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: a "sahih" hadith!!

Offline optimist

• View Profile
a "sahih" hadith!!
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:12:33 AM »
Here is a "Sahih" hadith recorded by Bukhari.

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 207: Narrated Abu Aiyub from Juwairiya bint Al-Harith:
The Prophet visited her (Juwairiya) on a Friday and she was fasting. He asked her, "Did you fast yesterday?" She said, "No." He said, "Do you intend to fast tomorrow?" She said, "No." He said, "Then break your fast." Through another series of narrators, Abu Aiyub is reported to have said, "He ordered her and she broke her fast."

???
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: a "sahih" hadith!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »
Does Hadith explain why did prophet ask her to break her fast because the Hadith does not tell why she was asked to break
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »
The hadith does tell us.  The reason being neither she fasted the day before nor she plans to fast the next day. 8)
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Sword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »
Salamun alaykum.

I think this is why we hear from our mullahs that we should not fast on Fridays, but fasting on Mondays and Thurdays is preferred.

The Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) said: “Deeds are shown (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041(Narrated from Abu Hurayrah-May Allah be pleased with him)

"The Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h.) was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays." Narrated by al- Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739 (Narrated from Aisha-May Allah be pleased with her)

Source: https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080324133253AAcxdW3

Note the reason given for fasting on Mondays and Thurdays in the first hadith - "Deeds are show (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays". This clearly shows why ahadith should be condemned as they clearly go against the Quran.

Regards.