Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is meant by "trusting in God's plan for us"?

Offline Osman

• View Profile
What is meant by "trusting in God's plan for us"?
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:22:39 AM »
Salaams,

I hope this is the right category to post this question. It's a general question, not related to any specific verse of the Quran.

Here's it:

People normally say to trust in the plans that God has for us. Like sometimes when I feel depressed while thinking about the future .... then I am told to have trust in God's plans for me.

I just want to know, what is meant by trusting in "God's plans for me"? I mean, is this said in a literal sense? Does God really have plans for me? Or is it just a feel-good strategy?

Is God's plan, same as destiny? What if (God forbid) I am destined to go to hell?

I really want to know this. These thoughts been troubling me for a while.

I'd really appreciate if anyone in this forum can give some insight into this!

Wsalaam.
~ Osman

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Re: What is meant by "trusting in God's plan for us"?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »
Dear brother Osman,

I think that whoever enters hell must deserve this punishment, and to deserve it one must do all sorts of bad deeds. There is no compulsion in doing bad deeds. Although God can misguide some people but this arguably is because there was no good in their hearts. So it starts inside and God manifests what's inside to the outside.

[8:23] Saheeh International
Had Allah known any good in them, He would have made them hear. And if He had made them hear, they would [still] have turned away, while they were refusing.

We are free to shape our hearts as we wish. Take the example of prophet Ibrahim, He was searching for the truth. Although it took some time god eventually guided him because he was sincere in his search for the truth. Other people may not be that sincere. Maybe that's why they are not guided.

In spite of the fact that we cannot completely control what happens in the outside world(As we are bound by physical reality). We do have total freedom when it comes to our hearts. So I think that the best thing one can do is to purify his heart , do good deeds and hope for the best in this life and the one after.

[91:7]Saheeh International
And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it
[91:8]
And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,
[91:9] l
He has succeeded who purifies it,
[91:10]
And he has failed who instills it [with corruption].

[2:82]
But they who believe and do righteous deeds - those are the companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally.

Hence to shape your destiny just look inside :) as it will unfold according to what's in there.  An another example for this is the people of Prophet Yunus. When they believed God granted them the good life in this world.

]Finally, I think its vital that we also put our trust in God. Which for me means that nothing happens for no reason because everything is under God's control. After all he is The All Knowing, and the Most Wise.

[9:51] Saheeh International
Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely.

Hope this helps.
Peace

Offline Osman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ahmed. I agree with you when you say that God manifests outside what is already inside us, and that we control whats inside us.

I'd like to rephrase my question, but this time with some context.

The context is that its been difficult for me and my family to find me a marriage partner. Everytime we approach a family with proposal, something happens and it doesn't go through. At this point, some people tell me "Just trust in God's plan for you, He will guide you to your spouse when the time is right".

So within this context, and generally as well, is just a cliche to say "Have trust in God's plan"? Or How do I know whether in God's plan Im even destined to get married or not?

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »
Greetings Osman.

Part of our true "belief" in GOD is to accept whatever happens to us.

We cannot change it. Our choice is limited because of a good reason. Qoran gives us the answer.

For example we cannot choose when, where to be born. We cannot choose our shape/form/parents...etc.

What can you do about things you do not like that you have no power over ?

You can only do your best every day , by trying to do  better than yesterday on the things you can control.

Accept,learn a lesson from what happens to you and move on. If you "really" believe in GOD, then keep trusting in Him . Everything He promises in His scripture comes true.

Sometimes it is our lack of understanding/knowledge that is the problem.Never ever GOD or His system.

GOD bless you.
Peace
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:59:49 AM »
Salam Osman,

In my humble opinion, I think that it would be better if you view your situation as a test from God that requires patience.

You may want to see the following article. http://quransmessage.com/articles/tests%20FM3.htm

One should trust in God's plan. Because only God knows what's Best for each one of us.

[94:5] Saheeh International
For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
[94:6]
Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.