Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Judgement before the revelation of the Quran to the Quraish?

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Judgement before the revelation of the Quran to the Quraish?
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
Salamu Alikum

Brother Joseph, If you have some time, I would like to know your thoughts on how a nation in the past would be judged before they would receive revelation from God.

Was it that modesty fairness and belief in God should of been passed down from the father Adam. and then when nations would transgress beyond bounds that God deemed it necessary to guide them and follow what He revealed.

How would the people lets say the Arabs from the time after Jesus(pbuh) to the time before Muhammad(pbuh) who were not part of the Christians be judged? Those who lived with no guidance or Book( revelation and scripture)

Salam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Judgement before the revelation of the Quran to the Quraish?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »
Wa alaikum assalam

The simple answer is fairly. The Quran repeatedly underscores the maxim that God is most just and that not an iota of injustice will take place (4:40) as our Lord is perfect as judge. This is also supported by the following verses:

"This is because your Lord does not destroy the townships arbitrarily while their people are unconscious / unaware (of the wrong they do)."

"And for all there will be ranks / degrees from what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do."

As to the details of exactly how they will be judged, this information was not even given to Prophet Moses, as a similar question as to yours was also asked by Pharaoh.

"He (Pharaoh) said: "What then is the case of the former generations?""

"He (Moses) said: "Its knowledge is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets"

Hence, with all humility and respect, I would dare not attempt to answer a question that even Prophet Moses did not answer and I would rather repeat with humility that, "Its knowledge is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets".

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell