Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Would wudhu be required if we take a bath?

Offline HopeSeeker

• View Profile
Would wudhu be required if we take a bath?
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:29:21 AM »
What are your views on this?

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: Would wudhu be required if we take a bath?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »
Peace HopeSeeker.

5:6 has a specific instruction. The four required steps of wudhu.

These specific 4 steps are a requirement before we "Aquimi Salat".

In my opinion they can be done while taking a bath(at the same time)or separate.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
As Salam forum-ers,

[5:6] O you who believe, when you observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), you shall: (1) wash your faces, (2) wash your arms to the elbows, (3) wipe your heads, and (4) wash your feet to the ankles. If you were unclean due to sexual orgasm, you shall bathe. If you are ill, or traveling, or had any digestive excretion (urinary, fecal, or gas), or had (sexual) contact with the women, and you cannot find water, you shall observe the dry ablution (Tayammum) by touching clean dry soil, then rubbing your faces and hands. GOD does not wish to make the religion difficult for you; He wishes to cleanse you and to perfect His blessing upon you, that you may be appreciative.

If we are unclean due to sexual orgasm, we are needed to take a bath, but does this bath encompass in a broader sense readying oneself for salat? i am not sure.

It seems from the verse, that wudhu is a simplified bath which purpose is to make sure one is clean prior to salat. but if you have bathed due to being unclean, than it would suffice as though you have taken wudhu.

If you are clean, and bathed before salat, i think it should suffice as wudhu as well. What is important is the niat (intention)

People from the Prophets time did not really take bathes twice or thrice a day like in modern times. I think based on that, they were required to take wudhu before Salat just to make sure the important parts of the body as mentioned in the Quran,  are cleansed.

Only my two cents worth. I still take wudhu before each prayer unless i just showered right before Salat especially maghrib and Isyak.

Love and Peace.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »
Bro Adam is right that only Neeath of Abulation is enough while taking bath which covers all parts of Abulation.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline 8pider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »
If the purpose of wudhu is to get your body clean, then a bath would suffice. But this is NOT the case. The purpose is to follow the commandments as laid out in the Quran regardless of whether your body is clean or not. Therefore, wudhu would be required even if you took a bath....whether it is done at the same time, before or after.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 05:10:42 AM »
Yes Bro 8pider the Wadhu is essential but preferably after cleaning the body when dirt is removed
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light