Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is Barzaq?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
What is Barzaq?
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »
Salam All,Can somebody kindly tell what is Barzaq? thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: What is Barzaq?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
Salaam. Barzakh means a partition or barrier. See 23.100, 55.20 and 25.53.  8)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:28:20 AM »
I don't need meaning only. I need to know what actually is Barzaq?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

As-salam alaykum

I have already responded to you regarding this question where I shared;

"Barzakh mentioned in 23:100 is a transitory state and a barrier between death and resurrection. The soul enters this dormant transitory state where all concept of time is lost. This is 'barzakh'. See how this term is also used to describe a barrier between two waters (25:53 and 55:20). Similarly, barzakh will be a barrier between death and resurrection."

Please see below:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=329.msg1018#msg1018

Other than that, can I also suggest that you see Principle 1 that I shared in the following thread:

PRINCIPLE 1: DO NOT SEEK TO SOLICIT FINER DETAILS WHICH THE QURAN HAS NOT DEEMED NECESSARY TO IMPART

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1252.msg5833#msg5833

Finally, may I kindly and respectfully ask that you do not repeat the same questions on different threads. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
Thank you Bro JAI. OK I will try check by going to search icon before posting any question

Offline ursimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:43:35 PM »
Sir Joseph Islam as salaamu alaikum ..

On Question in this link http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1719.0

Brother you provided me with this link answer on .
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=329.msg1018#msg1018

Quran in chapter Yaseen : 26

قِيلَ ادْخُلِ الْجَنَّةَ ۖ قَالَ يٰلَيْتَ قَوْمِى يَعْلَمُونَ

It was said, "Enter Paradise." He said, "I wish my people could know..

Within context of verse ..

So Quran tell us he is in Jannat . 

And in other verse Quran say those who are killed are Alive ..

So I would like know your view .. On this that are they in jannat alive or just in beyond barzakh in sleeping state alive or what ?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30:53 PM »
Yet another question arises as to how the people are in Jannah while the final decision would arrive on
the day of Yumul Hisab? Another question is who are the Shaheed? The persons who lay their lives in
fighting with the infidel for the right cause.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 04:01:17 AM »
Salamu Alykum ursimmy

God is the only one who knows what will happen in the future. That doesn't mean someone is in heaven already. But God himself knows what he will do and whats going to happen. He gives us a little information and tells us about certain things that will occur in the future for example on the day of resurrection, in heaven, hell etc. The Quran is from God and he reveals to us little information to warn and give glad tidings.

God Almighty is the only one who is able to know what will happen. He is not restricted to time and space. Please see the article below.[1]

Also from the verse you mentioned (in my own words) , God is telling us a parable. About a man who believed in the messengers that came to him and his people. They were sent by God but the people rejected them and disbelieved. The man he believed and took heed. God then tells us what will happen to this man who believed. He will enter heaven, and when he does, he remembers his people and says only if they knew(what was heaven like and what he is seeing and what they missed out on).

The Quran is telling you the incident as if its present time however to God he knows and can relate a situation that will happen at any time past present or future. He knows who will be in heaven and who will not.

Salam

Time and Space
[1]http://quransmessage.com/articles/timeandspace%20FM3.htm

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »
Dear All,

As-salamu alaykum

Please see the well-known verses of 89:27-30 which make it absolutely clear that even the righteous soul will be awoken on the Day of Judgement from their place of rest / sleep. Once a soul enters 'barzakh' which every soul must do after death, they enter a quiescent state of sleep where I have often argued the concept of time is lost. As numerous verses attest, souls (good and bad) will be awoken and it will feel like only a moment has passed [1].

089:27-30
"O soul! who is satisfied / at peace / rest, Return to your Lord well pleased, and pleasing. So enter among my slaves and enter My Paradise"

With regards, verse 36:26 which 'ursimmy' has mentioned, I simply read this as if it were to imply that the righteous soul was told / informed (however that state of conscious knowledge was received) that he would enter paradise. This does not mean that he would 'skip' the state of barzakh.

Brother Hamzeh - Please let me quickly take up this opportunity to share my gratitude to you on how you eloquently are able to articulate / reference my thoughts when need be. Your own thoughts are also very enlightening and albeit I may not always be able to post a response because of my intense schedule / commitments, your thoughts often leave a smile. Please always continue to share your thoughts. It is appreciated.  :)

I trust this helps, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] PUNISHMENT OF THE GRAVE (AZAB-E-QABR)
http://quransmessage.com/articles/grave%20punishment%20FM3.htm

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 04:04:24 AM »
Thank you brother Joseph. I thank God so much for the day I came across your website. It truly is a blessing. It is my honest pleasure to participate in the good works and deeds with you and its the least I can do after being granted the opportunity to be blessed with going through your website Alhamdulila. May God bless you for taking your tremendous efforts and time for dedicating a website that is honest and committing to the truth and sharing your beautiful enlightened wisdom with all of us.

Two verses that come to mind when I think about you my dear brother is:

7:35 O ye Children of Adam! whenever there come to you messengers from amongst you, rehearsing My signs unto you,- those who are righteous and mend (their lives),- on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.

3:81 "And when God made a covenant through the Prophets: Certainly what I have given you of Book and wisdom then a Messenger comes to you verifying that which is with you, you must believe in him, and you must aid him. He said: Do you affirm and accept My compact in this (matter)? They said: We do affirm. He said: Then bear witness, and I (too) am of the bearers of witness with you"

Insha'Allah I will help   :)

Salam

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: Heaven and Hell
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
Salam everyone :)

On the Day of Judgement, aside from heaven and hell, do you think there would be a 3rd place for people who never got the message of monotheism? Also what happens to people who die as children or infants? Generally they would go to heaven, but these children never had the opportunity to knowingly perform either good or bad deeds. If they had grown up, they could have been evil tyrants or prophets. They will never be able to earn the highest level of heaven because they never had the opportunity. How will these people be judged?

Also some people live a lot longer than others, so they had the opportunity to perform more good deeds, so they might end up in higher levels of Jannah than someone who didn't live as long. How is this fair?

I've heard the theory that such people will be tested on the Day of Judgement and their place in heaven or hell will be determined then.

If you take two people--one who has heard the message and one who hasn't--and compare their good deeds, the believer will have more good deeds. However the person who never got the message never got the opportunity to hear about God and do better deeds.