Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A Verse in Surah Fateha

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
A Verse in Surah Fateha
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:04:35 PM »
Direct Facebook Link:

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/1411988528938270

A VERSE IN SURAH FATEHA

Muslims all over the world are expected to recite the following phrase numerous times a day, with intent.

001:006
"Guide us to the straight path"

WHAT THE VERSE SHOULD MEAN:

A genuine cry to the Creator of the Universe to rid them of their false beliefs and practices and/or impurities in their thought-process with a view to get as close to the truth as possible. This is whilst remaining completely open to a better argument despite one's own convictions, no matter where the argument comes from. Indeed our Creator can manifest His truth by multifaceted means / channels and through any human instrument of His choosing, at times unexpectedly.

WHAT THIS VERSE SHOULD NOT MEAN

"Guide me to the straight path", AS LONG as it does not conflict with my existing convictions, my inherited worldviews and beliefs, the views of my particular madhab, particular sectarian bias, clergyman or saints.

Sadly in practice, it appears that the latter is what ends up happening for so many.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell