Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Iddah Reason

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Iddah Reason
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:35 AM »
Peace. Do you know what the word "تَرَبَّصْ" (as used in 2:234) means?
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 03:44:34 AM »
The term 'tarabbasna' used in verse 2:234 denotes a general waiting, or, more specifically, a mourning period for widows, after which they are allowed to remarry/not remarry, do whatever they want with themselves, as long as they stay within Quranic guidelines.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 04:02:37 PM »
Salam Wanderer,
Yeah thats what i was saying previously. It is not iddat, it is a waiting/mourning period and when it ends she is free to do whatever she sees as the best for her life.
 Thank God He has given us a time for ourselves, to mourn, to heal, to regain the ability to think clerly again, and then to decide what do we do next with our life. Thats usualy the natural process of someone who has lost her beloved one.
Who understands our needs better than the One who created us (with those needs) :)

Salam to all :)
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »
Dear All,

As-salamu alaykum

Thank you for your kind responses and wisdom to assist Ursimmy. I am hopeful that you have assisted him greatly / sufficiently, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell