Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What was created first the heavens or earth 79:30

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Re: 67:5 and 15:18 part 2
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 10:06:58 AM »
Also doesn't lamps mean in the quran something producing it's own light like the sun but if this means meteors then meteors and comets don't produce there own light so these are what I'm confused about 67:5 and 15:18

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Re: What was created first the heavens or earth 79:30
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 01:12:52 AM »
salam

I don't think people who lived hundreds of years ago thought about something which produces its own light when they read the word "lamp". They must have thought simply something that gives light, something that illuminates its surroundings.

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »
What about 71:16 because the quran calls a sun a lamp and a moon a light so it's making a difference if you know what I mean also does the arabic word mubeen at the end of 15:18 mean we have to see that flame in that verse with the naked eye and that's it or can it mean that it is just saying if we saw the flame then it's a clear flame then we can see it even if we can only see it by a telescope or like I said does it have to mean we have to see it with the naked eye

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: 67:5 and 15:18 part 2
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 06:22:48 PM »
Also doesn't lamps mean in the quran something producing it's own light like the sun but if this means meteors then meteors and comets don't produce there own light so these are what I'm confused about 67:5 and 15:18

As-salamu alaykum All,

The article below may also assist with certain aspects of this thread.

'NUR' AS REFLECTED LIGHT - A RESTRICTIVE RENDERING
http://quransmessage.com/articles/nur%20FM3.htm

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »
Assalam alikum thanks for the article so to conclude with the article you are saying when the quran says the sun is a lamp and moon a light all it mean is that they are lights in sky that allah is not saying the the sun and moon is producing it's own light but neither is it saying that the sun or moon is reflected light either all it is saying is they are lights in the sky and that's it is that right jazzakkallah that the quran is not saying that the moon is producing it's own light because we know from science it does not is that right jazzakkallah