Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Jinn?!

Offline Abdurrahman

• View Profile
Jinn?!
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
Salaam all

Could it be that jinn are our hidden selves, the side of ourselves that we do not like to show, because this side is selfish, unkind, greedy, unreasonable? We can control this side of ourselves but sometimes it gets the better of us.

Or have I got completely the wrong idea?

Abdurrahman

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Jinn?!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:13:16 AM »
See the following Ayah
وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا

And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He was of the jinn, so he transgressed the commandment of his Lord. What! would you then take him and his offspring for friends rather than Me, and they are your enemies? Evil is (this) change for the unjust.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
Re: Jinn?!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:07 AM »
I'm kind of shocked by brother Safar Miyan's answer: Jinn are completely different from mankind: They are not Jews and Christians (as some have actually tried to postulate), they are not "our darker selves" they are a whole other entity poses sing free will (like us) but made of smokeless fire. They live in a different phase of existence. I cannot stress this enough they are completely different from humans, and they will also be judged on the Day. Please see Joseph's article on the subject.
Wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)