Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Who/What is Michael?

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
Who/What is Michael?
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:10 AM »
Salam.

Do anybody know something about Michael?

"Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and messengers, to Gabriel and Michael,- Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith." (2:98, Yusuf Ali)

See this article:
"http://quransmessage.com/articles/gabriel%20FM3.htm"
Joseph Islam claims that Gabriel isn't an angel, but it rather could be a spirit. Yes, it could be something different rather than an angel because angels are already mentioned in that verse.
The problem is that there is nowhere in Quran mentioned anything about Michael except 2:98.

I've already posted the same question in ourbeacon.com and I've already got some answers:
"http://www.ourbeacon.com/cgi-bin/bbs60x/webbbs_config.pl/page/1/md/read/id/314123119196642"
Visit it if you wish.

Regrds,
Haji

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
Re: Who/What is Michael?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
Salaam.

Like Meekal (2:98), the following names (?) appear in Al Qur'an only once:

Allat, Al 'Uzza, and Manat (53:19-20).

Waddan, Suwa'an, Yagoos, Ya'ooq, and Nasran (71:23).

Nothing more than what accrues from their contexts, we know. And the contexts are there in the Qur'an for all to see. And we do believe in them, Al Hamdu Lillah.

Also read 7:185, 45:6.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.   

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:25:25 AM »
Salaam Haji,

Please don't mind but my experience on the ourbeacon forum has always been that as soon as someone makes a sensible suggestion, the predator moderators of the forum come along and ridicule independent thought.. that is if your post is allowed in the first place or Dr. Shabbir is not seeking his ego to be massaged. 

http://www.ourbeacon.com/cgi-bin/bbs60x/webbbs_config.pl/page/1/md/read/id/314123119196678

In the thread that you have shared, what did Dawood say that was so wrong that needed the above response? You will find many Dr. Shabbir blind followers on that forum. I for one have no time for links on that forum or their blind followers.

Re: Mikael - I think that is why the context and audience of the Qur'an needs to be understood. The Qur'an was always a continuation of the previous messages and assumes in some cases that those listening to the Quran have knowledge of prior scriptures as well. Just my two cents too! Saba

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
Salaam Saba,

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, that was ugly. Perhaps now I will stop posting at ourbeacon. That was my second post and I didn't expect that.

Regards,
Haji

Offline Aijaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 04:35:14 AM »
Please consider the following points in the below mentioned Ayas:

16:102: The Rooh ul Qudus has sent down the Message.
 26:193:  The Rooh ul Ameen came down with the Message

2:97 Jibreal sent the Message down on your heart
 2:98 Jibreal and Mikal are mentioned as a pair

From the above mentioned points the following deduction can be made:

A Rooh sent the Message down (Rooh ul Qudus), and a Rooh came down with it (Ruh ul Ameen); Jibreal sent down the message, therefore Jibreal is Ruh ul Qudus. if Jibrael and Mikal are paired then Mikal should be the Rooh which came down with the message i.e Rooh ul Ameen.

16:102  قُلْ نَزَّلَهُ رُوحُ الْقُدُسِ مِن رَّبِّكَ بِالْحَقِّ لِيُثَبِّتَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَهُدًى وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ

Say the Ruh-ul- Qudus/Revered Spirit has revealed it from your Lord with the truth so that to strengthen those who believe and a guidance any good news for muslims/submitters.

2:97  قُلْ مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّجِبْرِيلَ فَإِنَّهُ نَزَّلَهُ عَلَىٰ قَلْبِكَ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَهُدًى وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ

Say, whoever is an enemy to Jibrael/Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to your heart by Allah’s will, a confirmation of whats between the hands, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-

From the above two Ayas we know that Ruh ul Qudus is Jibrael.

26:193  نَزَلَ بِهِ الرُّوحُ الْأَمِينُ

Sent down the Ruh-ul-Ameen/Honest Spirit with it.

The Rooh ul Ameen/ The Honest Sprit has been sent down with it (Al-Quran)

2:98  مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّلَّهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَجِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَالَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَدُوٌّ لِّلْكَافِرِينَ

Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and His messengers, and Jibrael/Gabriel and Mikal/Michael ,- then! Allah is an enemy to the  rejecters.

Jibrael and Mikal are mentioned as pairs in the above Ayat. Considering this pairing of Jibrael and Mikal and that Jibrael is the Rooh ul Qudus, who sent down the message, then the Rooh-ul Ameen who came down with the message, should be Mikal.

https://topicsfromquran.wordpress.com/2018/06/16/mikal-%d9%85%d9%8a%d9%83%d8%a7%d9%84/