Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fasting during Ramadan

Offline questionsislam

• View Profile
Fasting during Ramadan
« on: February 18, 2019, 05:49:50 AM »
Hello,
   I had a question regarding Ramadan. Of course it is a time to abstain from food/drink and try to become the best version of yourself (reading Quran, praying, etc.), but my question pertains to the actual fasting. What else are we supposed to abstain from besides food/drink  (for example, do we have to abstain from cussing, sexual practices, etc.)? Also, what is the purpose of waiting till sunset/night to break fast; this is something I have always wondered about. Is there a particular reason given in the Quran or is this just something ordained on us?

thanks

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: Fasting during Ramadan
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:48:32 AM »

Offline w3bcrowf3r

• I read Quran, Gospel, Psalms, Torah etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Fasting during Ramadan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 05:50:10 AM »
Hello,
   I had a question regarding Ramadan. Of course it is a time to abstain from food/drink and try to become the best version of yourself (reading Quran, praying, etc.), but my question pertains to the actual fasting. What else are we supposed to abstain from besides food/drink  (for example, do we have to abstain from cussing, sexual practices, etc.)? Also, what is the purpose of waiting till sunset/night to break fast; this is something I have always wondered about. Is there a particular reason given in the Quran or is this just something ordained on us?

thanks

The month Ramadan is about reading the Quran. Abstaining from food/drinking and sex throughout the day helps us staying focused on the Holy Month which is about reading the Quran and coming closer to God through it. I advice you to do a word for word study on Ramadan and fasting in the Quran.
Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand!