Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: History of the Holy Quran is based on AHadith ?

Offline shah1info

• View Profile
History of the Holy Quran is based on AHadith ?
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »
Dear Br. Joseph Islam,

Salamun 'Alaikum,

I have pasted my thought below about "History of the Holy Quran if should be based on AHadith" for your kind review;

"History of the Holy Quran is coming from AHadith that says Khalifa Uthman (RA) burned the Holy Quran? Are AHadith collections books of history? Really! When did the Ahadith receive the status of history book? Or has it ever been considered a book of history?

But unfortunately, not just a great number of Muslims today believe in many stories told in the Ahadith collections, like the Bukhari's collection, that the stories there also bear historical significance; many non-Muslims also take that as facts and some virulent missionaries try to utilize that against Islam. 

There are many noticeable problems in this story. The story of Quranic compilation as stated in Bukhary and other Ahadith collections tell us how the Quran has been written on rock, palm leaves, bones of dead animals, animal skins, pieces of wood and so on, depicting a distorted image of the final revelation of God that has been subjected to negligent treatment to that extent, while history tells us that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has had a group of scribes headed by Zayd bin Thabith and given the utmost importance of the Quran to the Prophet (pbuh), it makes no sense to me that the scribes had nothing to write down the verses and they resorted to use those materials. Majority of the ancients mushafs of the Quran that are preserved in various places in the world are written on parchments, which includes the recently discovered oldest 18 pages manuscript in University of Birmingham, UK. 

Another problem is that the AHadith also tells us how the custodianship of the Quran passed on to Khalifa Abu Bakr onward to Khalifa Umar and instead of to Khalifa Uthman, suddenly breaking the rank, to Hafsa binte Umar? Moreover, instead of safekeeping in the custody of Khalifa Uthman, it was returned to Hafsa binte Umar.

More problematic part of the AHadith statement is that,

"Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt."

And the general inference drawn on this statement by most Muslim and non-Muslims alike is that, since all copies were burnt, we do not find any of those versions of Quran any longer. Is it feasible that everybody obeyed the command of Khalifa Uthman and burned their copies of Quran without any opposition, while Khalifa Uthman had a number of people vehemently opposing his rule and moreover he was assassinated by his opponents. 

All these stories sounds nonsensical to me that are rampantly out there, over-shadowing the facts on the compilation of the Quran, which the history now tells us that it was not just written down immediately but also compiled during the lifetime of the Prophet (pbuh) and I believe it wholeheartedly for many good reasons. "

With Best Regards,

Shah Mohammad

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Re: History of the Holy Quran is based on AHadith ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph
Salamun Alaikum ,

I do not see any reply on this topics . Do not why ? Anybody of this forum can not attempt to reply on this sensible topics?
Please ..........

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:22:49 AM »
Shalom / peace Beyond Tradition

I don't want to appoear rude but i find that you are appearing quite ungrateful.....

In the 9 posts you have posted till now .... you have received a lot of responses including from brother Joseph.....yet, you don't seem to acknowledge  the responses and just continue to post more questions and then appear to complain as you expect a response....

For example the responses members have given you and you haven't even bothered to acknowledge their input ...

Brother Joseph responded to this:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2336.msg12190#msg12190

Brother Hamzeh and brother Joseph responded to this:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2523.msg13117#msg13117

Brother Hamzeh and brother Ilker responded to this:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2525.msg13119#msg13119

Brother Joseph responded to this:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2526.msg13120#msg13120

I think we should always appreciate members taking their time to respond and should never expect it to happen.  We have no rights to expect anything......Just because someone asks a question it doesn't mean that the other person is now duty bound to respond. ....

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
Dear Brother Duster
Salamun Alaikum .
I apologize to all if I hurt the forum members  in my approach of asking reply on the topics posted by other member .
Believe it was not my intention not to have patience of getting answer rather I thought just the topics was missing .
I seeking apology again .

B/Rgds
Mahbub

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
Shalom / peace Beyond Tradition ... no need to apologize .. its all ok.  8) :)