Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is animal stunning agreeable? Is it really reducing suffering?

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
peace dear believing brothers and sisters,

When God let us to do slaughter for food, i.e. when we are doing it with His permission(The Merciful/the Creator of the animal), why to worry about suffering, if we do it as prophets did?
I have witnessed both, natural death and slaughter of birds, in both cases they had almost same kind of expressions/movements/signs.
We can't believe the scientists always(if they say stunning reduces suffering) because sometime they will find it wrong in the future.

See preparing animal for slaughter without harm,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhVxLUwiBw
[For anyone who sees this video : in this video the person says Allahuakbar, meaning Allah is greater -may be he wouldn't have thought about it. Because how can Allah be greater than Himself? Allah calls Himself as Al-Kabeer (the Great). Akbar = greater]
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is animal stunning agreeable? Is it really reducing suffering?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 06:57:44 AM »
This is a difficult one to answer because we will never know for sure what the animal feels when they are stunned. In Europe there is a standard procedure to stun and there exceptions for religious groups such as Jews and Muslims.

There may be a case for stunning when it comes to large animals such as sheep /cows etc because they can be difficult to hold down especially because the abattoirs are just a huge assembly lines and animals get very distressed watching their fellow kind being slaughtered.

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
There may be a case for stunning when it comes to large animals such as sheep /cows etc because they can be difficult to hold down especially because the abattoirs are just a huge assembly lines and animals get very distressed watching their fellow kind being slaughtered.

Did you watch the video? Large animals can also be prepared without stunning (if God willing)

But why the concept of SLAUGHTER HOUSE? Why this much greed for food(of consumer) and money(of business people)?
When processes come to large scale, it would be difficult to maintain MORALS & PROFIT. So more technology... More money... More and more greed...endless. Who knows that the animals are not suffering while stunning? Why Qur'an does not mentions prior stunning? If it's reducing suffering why God(The Merciful) didn't let the former generations/prophets know that?(there was no electricity is not a reason, it doesn't matter for God, He would have shown/taught them an alternative, for their time). If the processes are in natural way, I believe there would be much reduction in meat consumption.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 06:55:59 AM »
 Salaam,

As i mentioned earlier, there is a huge problem with the meat industry in that it has become an endless conveyor belt for those poor animals. This is driven by consumerism which can't seem to get enough of meat.

There does need to be a balance I think in order to highlight animal welfare as well as meeting the demands of a huge meat eating population.