Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is there any doctrine for asking to Prophet 3 times ?

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Is there any doctrine for asking to Prophet 3 times ?
« on: September 28, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph ,
Salamun Alaikum . I usually do not consider Hadith ( Islamic secondary sources ) to understand the Quran’s verse. But I need to know what doctrine for companions of Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH) to him same question 3 times ? Why most of the Hadith narrator quoted this that most of the shaba used to ask same question 3 times and Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) also would answered 3 times. Why ? Did Prophet Mohammed (SM) not bother to answer 3 times for same question reciting 3 times? Or it is something added for the people to trust the words as a doctrine? No sense to me . If you would give your opinion I will be grateful to you.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: Is there any doctrine for asking to Prophet 3 times ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 04:48:01 AM »
Nothing in Quran with respect to that AFAIK.

You might find this interesting: [source] quote:

And finally... there are only two verses in the entire Quran which mentions the word hadith and the Prophet together in the same verse.

1) It tells us what happened when the Prophet told his wives a hadith:

The Prophet had trusted some of his wives with a certain hadith, then one of them spread it, and GOD let him know about it. He then informed his wife of part of the issue, and disregarded part. She said: ‘who informed you of this?’. He said: ‘I was informed by the Knowledgeable, the Expert’. [66:3]
If the two of you repent to GOD, then your hearts have listened. But if you band together against him, then GOD is his ally, and so is Gabriel and the righteous believers. Also, the angels are his helpers. [66:4]
If he divorces you, his Lord will substitute other wives in your place who are better than you; submissive, believers, obedient, repentant, worshipers, pious, either previously married, or virgins. [66:5]

2) It tells us that those with the prophet should not stay and wait around for hadith of his when at his house, clearly showing that God differentiates between the hadith of the prophet and His hadith (as contained in The Quran), i.e. they are unequal and unecessary:

O you who believe, do not enter the prophet's homes except if you are invited to a meal, without you forcing such an invitation. But if you are invited, you may enter. And when you finish eating, you shall leave, without staying to wait for hadith. This used to bother the prophet, and he was shy to tell you. But God does not shy away from the truth. And if you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a barrier. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not for you to harm God's messenger, nor that you should marry his wives after him. This is indeed a gross offence with God. [33:53]