Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Allahamdullilah

Offline Kaifa

• View Profile
Allahamdullilah
« on: April 30, 2022, 04:39:25 AM »
Assalamu-alaikum,

I have gotten permanently blocked from the IslamicBoard message site by the moderator Hamza Asadullah for raising my objection on Mufti Menk's preachings on zina from his video entitled 'Caught your spouse cheating- what to do about it?' from over a year ago. In it he advocates that wives should keep quiet and forgive their husbands and not disclose their zina to anyone. He appears to have later modified reposts of the talk with the same title but his message nontheless insinuates that this not a matter to be brought to the attention of a would be Islamic nation's authorities to enact the punishment of known zina, but instead to be 'hushed up' so as to perversely keep the marriage going.  His stance is clearly deeply hypocritical and alarming as his later modifications indicate that he has attempted to cover up his original advice and especially because it is in complete opposition to the Qur'an/Allah's Expectations on ensuring that the punishment for zina is enforced (and that too without lightening the firmness of the whipping!).
Those words describing the punishment for zina are not the result of a conspiracy of extremists or masochists whispering into Allah's (figurative) Ear! They are Indeed Allah's Own Words Demonstrating His Standards of Justice. Given the lax social culture that muslim communities find themselves in maybe Munafiq  Menk has sought to appease them and/or maybe he hearkens back to the abusive male-controlling nature of many hadith/sunnah claims.
By highlighting this discovery about Menk on the IslamicBoard site Asadullah responded by labelling me as 'hateful' and 'to not think with emotion' which I found to defensive and prejudiced. One (myself) doesn't need to have had any personal encounter with zina to understand its widespread destructive and chaotic impact on human society! 
I have shared this with other QM forum perusers to enlighten them on a very disappointing  experience with a supposedly 'mainstream' muslim discussion site  May AllahSWT grant all steadfast truth-seeking believers and those at risk of being astray His Hidayah and Grace.