Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Slaughtering of Animals - Submission of Animals

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Slaughtering of Animals - Submission of Animals
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
Salamun Alaikum,

Many critics will of course ridicule and call this false, but there is clearly no evidence that this video is contrived. Furthermore, to assert wrongdoing on the part of another believer without concrete evidence is not the way of a true believer and arguably a serious crime. The animals clearly seem to be 'normal' before they enter a state of 'submission'. 

In my humble opinion, it is the power of his conviction and faith in God which leads onto his practice and the way he manages to compose the animal. When he calls God's name, he does it with powerful intent with His faith in God completely. That is the actual power and not necessarily what particular name you call God by.

To say any name of God without intent is meaningless. To say it with intent, purpose and true 'tawakul- Allah' is unfathomable.

I have used a different video of the brother in one of my articles in the past to show how we can possibly learn from him to assist our existing slaughter process. What is wrong with learning from each other to make the world a better place, especially one that primarily accounts for the animal? The way he covers the eye of the animal with the ears, calms the animal by whatever method he uses and relaxes the animal are all better than our existing process of taking a long knife indiscriminately whilst wrestling with the animal to slaughter it.

Here is my excerpt from the article:

"There are undoubtedly heinous practices carried out in the industry where animals are tortured, kept confined, maltreated and slaughtered indiscriminately by methods which defy belief. All efforts must be undertaken to expose such practices to the relevant authorities and the public so that they can be curtailed. However, please see a video below which provides one example of the kind of Islamic approach to be taken when preparing an animal for slaughter. Note the way animals should be treated which results in the relative composure of the animals"

http://quransmessage.com/articles/slaughtering%20of%20animals%20-%20the%20correct%20method%20of%20sacrifice%20FM3.htm

Let us learn from each other, and not ridicule and pass judgments on others without evidence. God will no doubt hold us to account.

Your brother in faith,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell