Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Arabic:- Disputes, a hindrance in Islamic Ideology? Q1

Offline Talib

• View Profile
Arabic:- Disputes, a hindrance in Islamic Ideology? Q1
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:38:16 AM »
Salamun Alaikum

Dear All

This is the continuing part of the topic 'Arabic:- Disputes, a hindrance in Islamic Ideology?[Gen.]'.

I found somewhere :

"..the Arabic copy of Quran that we have in our Homes is the Uthmanic Mushaf , and the speciality of Uthmanic Quran is that it is in the Quraish Dialect, as we all know that all other Mushafs or Manuscripts which are not upto the standards set by Hazrat Uthman for the final manuscript of Quran were destroyed by the ijma of All most all the companions, and the Uthmanic Mushaf is in Quraish Dialect, (since Quran was revealed in 7 Dialects of the 7 Arab tribes)."

What do I do to find out if the above mentioned details are correct or not ?
Please guide.

Thanks

Talib
(student)

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Arabic:- Disputes, a hindrance in Islamic Ideology? Q1
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:03:43 AM »
Salamun Alaikum,

In my humble opinion, unless for academic reasons, there is no value in finding out whether the above details are correct with a view to establish the Quran’s historicity.

The statement in your post is based on Islamic secondary sources which were in the main, centuries removed from revelation and are not contemporaneous to the Prophet’s ministry.

With regards the ‘7 ahruf’ insinuated in the statement you have provided, please see the following article:

THE SEVEN AHRUF, RECITATIONS (QIRAAT), HAFS AND WARSH
http://quransmessage.com/articles/seven%20readings%20FM3.htm

With regards the compilation of the Quran, please see the following article.

THE COMPILATION OF THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/the%20compilation%20of%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell