Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Aya 17:71

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Aya 17:71
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:03:20 AM »
Allah ask us to come with the" Imam "in Aya 17:71. Can somebody tell me which Imam Allah asking people to come on the day of Judgement? Our preachers, authorities, leaders, Shia Imams ? Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Aya 17:71
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:11:24 AM »
Assalam I got reply of Bro JAI on some other post therefore JAI need not reply Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
Salaam,

Do you have the link for that reply by Joseph as I am interested in reading about his view on this verse.

Thanks

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »
Salaam,

Do you have the link for that reply by Joseph as I am interested in reading about his view on this verse.

Thanks

Me 2  :D ...please share link

I  think though the meaning here is anyone that lead them and not any particular type.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »

Me 2  :D ...please share link

Sardar Miyan - For the benefit of others here.

'Imam' is simply a person who is imitated or followed. This could be a learned man, head, chief or leader. The 'imam' can be on the correct path, or they can be erring.

So:

• The term ‘Imam’ has been used in the Quran in various ways such as to signify leaders, to lead, to guide and as guidance (as has been referred to in the case of scriptures).
  • Leaders can also misguide people and lead them astray. This too can be confirmed from the Quran.

Therefore, if you read 17:71-72 together, this is reference to all human beings who will be summoned with their respective leaders. This could include religious guides (right and wrong) and other leaders who they may have followed. Everyone will be questioned. Those who have done good, will get their due (17:71), those who have erred, will get their's (17:72).

I hope that helps, God willing.
Regards,
Joseph.

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell