Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Mutwatir Hadees

Offline maverick83pk

• View Profile
Mutwatir Hadees
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:02:07 PM »
Aoa,

I have a question, as Quran instructs us to have atleast two witnesses for a financial matter, can using the same directive we approve mutwatir ahadees, which have atleast two persons narrating from the start in two different chains? or the two witnesses are necessary for worldly matters only and not for divine revelations or anything that is a part of God's infallible system?

What will be the status of such a mutwatir hadees? will it become binding on us if it gives us extra-quranic law or theology and what about mutwatir ahadees that have more than 2 persons from the start of isnad? Can they then become authoritative? I know, its authenticity will no doubt increase but will it become a binding on us?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Mutwatir Hadees
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
Whether is Authentic Hadeeth of expressed more than two or more witness it is bindining on Muslims. The Quran is above all the Ahadith. It can be accepted if is in line with Quran but not against Quran
irrespective of any number of witnesses.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline A.H.A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:12:42 AM »
If the Ahadith are later documents and compiled centuries later, then how is it possible to have any eye witnesses at the time of compiling? For example, if I see an event and later on it is required from me to give my testimony about that particular event, I can't send anyone else as proxy I must go myself and say what I saw.

None of the Hadith compilers heard any Hadith from the original eyewitnesses, there were a lot of proxies in between.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »
Yes none of Hadees compilers has seen original witness but the last one. Why should we believe Hadees narrations? Quran is enough for us. Prophet had already told Sahaba not write any thing other
than Quran therefore no khulfai Rasheen wrote hadees but destroyed them.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light