Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: External Posts - Broken links

Offline Student

• View Profile
External Posts - Broken links
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:39:02 AM »
Dear QM moderator team,

I noticed surprisingly that all the external face book posts aren't working from QM FB tabular page. Is there something wrong or has something changed with the way the redirection is made or all of them expired and deleted from all these individual FB's profile?

Your investigation and possible restoration is really appreciated.

Regards and
Thanks,
~ Student

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: External Posts - Broken links
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:19:29 PM »
Salaam Student,

I have just checked this on 2 different devices and I can access the links fine.
Maybe you could try using another browser and that might resolve the issue.

Thanks

Offline Student

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:47:04 AM »
Walekumus Salaam,

Thanks for quick turnaround. I've checked with chrome and Firefox, I stand corrected when I said "all" actually but most of them throws this on the error page:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

I'm a newbie on FB, do I need to do anything to become one of visible audience?

Regards,
Thanks,
~ Student

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
Salaam Student,

Can you please give me a few actual links that you are finding not to be working and I will specifically test those.

Thanks

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:40:26 AM »
Salaam Student,

The links you have provided are external links which may require a Facebook account to view.

I suggest you follow the link below to Facebook posts which has listed: 871 posts at the time of writing.

http://quransmessage.com/(9)%20Facebook/Shared/fbmainlinksFM2.htm

If you note, it says on the page "(No Facebook account is necessary to view posts in the direct links below. Exceptions provided)" Please note the mention of 'Exceptions provided'. In those links, wherever you see a post that starts 'External Post' (e.g post number 526, 525, 520 etc), you will need a Facebook account to view it as they are posts by other Facebook users and they may not be public. Some of these users may have removed their post or even their account, so they may not be viewable.

However, you should see the other vast number of posts (many many 100s!) that are clearly presented on this page and do not say 'External Post'.

Thanks

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »
Salaam Truth Seeker--
I have a Facebook account, yet these links are still broken for myself, and have always been as well.
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
Salaam,

Then there is nothing I or any other moderator can do if the external poster has not made the post public or you are not on their friends list.

If any of brother Joseph's Facebook personal posts are not working from the 871 posts shared, please let me know.

Thanks

Offline Student

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
Walekum salaam

Thanks for looking into this. I'll bring it to your attention if/when I come across such.

Regards,
Thanks,
~ Student