Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Man made Rituals and Excesses - Some people are thinking!

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Man made Rituals and Excesses - Some people are thinking!
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:00:43 AM »

Salam

There are people who question the status quo and ask questions! Good !!

Here is an Email that landed in my inbox worth sharing:       

The ritual of Qurabani is mentioned in the Quran for those performing Hajj and Allah has even made it easy for those Hajis who can not afford Qurbani to keep fast for a total of 10 days. Please see Ayaths: 2 : 196 / 22 : 27-37.  The Hajis don't celebrate Eid or perform Eid ul Adha Namaz. In Arabia those not performing Hajj don't indulge in such mass slaughter of animals after Eid Namaz. As for Sunnath Ibrahimi, this is mentioned seperately from Hajj rituals in Ayaths: 37 : 102-108 and this took place before our Deen was completed and before Quran was bestowed on our Prophet.

Please read the Quran and it is no where directed by Allah to perform such Sunnath Ibrahimi on Eid. We should accept such Sunnahs which are in conformity with the Quran ( 10 : 15, 64 / 18 : 27 / 24 : 54 ) as there are lot of weak and unauthentic Hadiths which have been fed to us by our Moulvis to perpetuate their religious domination like Pope and Bishops over us due to our ignorance of Quran and its directives. Islam is an easy religion to follow and there is no compulsion or force ( 27 : 1-2  /  2 : 256 / 22 : 77-78 ). Allah also directs us to avoid misguidance and excesses in rituals ( 4 : 171 / 5 : 77 ). In Pakistan due to mass slaughter of animals lot of wastage of meat take place. The corrupt take the lead to spend lot of money on purchase and parading the costly animals to impress others and the position of the poor people becomes awkward who borrow money to fulfil this rituals.

We should all read the translation of Quran to understand Allah's directives along with authentic Hadiths in conformity with the Quran and avoid misguidance, excesses in rituals, deviations, un Islamic customs and practices, Shirk, Bidah, influences of Pirs, Faqirs, Aamils, Babas, Taghoots, Tawaiz, Jadoo, Tuna, etc.
May Allah guide us to the right path of Islam particulalry to those who give more importance to Hadiths, sayings, traditions, tales and stories than Quran. Thanks.

Syed Sadruddin Hussain 

From another forum:

Dear Brothers,

No body is victimizing the followers of the above schools of thought nor any disrespect is alluded to those "great" Imams and interpreters of Qur'anic thoughts and Rasul Allah's Sunnah or Islamic Shariah. I ventured to intrude in this discourse only to bring it within limits of civility and forum of sharing thought on a subject very dear to the hearts and souls of all believing (not practicing) but genuinely interested Muslims. So, lets stay civil and respectful to each viewpoint and accept whenever and whatever tends to appeal to respective grasp of issues that rankle our mind and souls.

My basic premise is that other than the prophets [and Rasul Allah (saw) in particular] - as they were specifically guided and aided by Allah (swt), all human beings are at a level ground and enjoy similar privileges and rights. By implication, I allude to my and as such, your similar right of interpretation and accord it to all other humans, as these schools of thought acclaim as their exquisite prerogative. All Imams (highly exalted, as they were and are) had this right and very wisely exercised it on all issues that cropped up in their times, in the light of their personal interpretation of the Qur'anic injunctions applied as an "assessment tool" on hearsay regarding Sunnah and Shariah. It appealed to the people at large as cogent and was largely followed by all and sundry. On many an issues, it may as well carry the same validity. However, on many others, ordinary Muslims feel very strong revulsion and do not wish to bequeathed them the prophetic status that has come to be accorded to them.

A lot is being wrongly imposed by our Clergy and Ulema and without any meaningful benefit to the people at large, such as:

(1) Institution of 'Tarawi' is being bullishly enforced on an ignorant people without ever achieving the purpose for which it was instituted, i.e., imparting the Qur'anic education to people. Even the educated ones suffer the agony of listening to Arabic Qirat and return home 'Na-murad' despite having commitment to reap the benefit of this worthy Institution! Some think and insist it is 'Swaab' to hear it in Arabic language! May be...!

(2) Every Friday Congregation, you have to visit the Masajid of 'Ajmi' Muslims and hear the 'Khutba' in Arabic, designed by the Clergy of the times of Abbasid, repeated religiously and never does it occur to the concerned Clergy the fallacy and stupidity of such indulgence. The best part is that you and me also sit out piously, listen and return home 'Na-murad', without ever affecting a rational and purposeful change.

(3) Every one of us rushes to the Masjid, hearkening to the call for Salat, "Hiya lus Salah, Hiya Lul Fallah". We all perform Salat as a ritual, without ever participating in any Consultation on Community issues - (Salah) or arriving at any decisions on any Community Welfare issues - (Fallah); suffice to say, we only indulge in worship - rubbing our foreheads on the ground.

(4) 'Imamat' in every Muslim Community including our Community Center - Masjid, should have been an elective assignment - to the best in ability of leadership and morals. Since the 'Malukiyat' took hold of the Ummah, Clergy has taken hold of this potent Podium and banished the Community therefrom. No wonder, Muslims suffer from eternal ferment and discord!!

(5) Masajid are Community Centers, where Muslims (brothers in their Way of Life - ISLAM) practice fraternity, equality and exercise their inviolable rights every day - five times, through Mutual Consultations; the most refined form of democracy West cannot care to match but the people all over the world, would love to!!! A vital pre-condition: banish the Clergy therefrom.

This, in short, is a brief glimpse of the disease of ritualism that has eaten into the vitals of the Ummah; ignorance, poverty and hapless insensitivity has caused it to lapse into a state of dereliction. A 180 million of them are being taken for a ride for over sixty years in this Mumlekat e Khuda Dad - Pakistan, by a mere band of heartless, conscious-less, characterless monsters and crooks consisting of bureaucrats, wederas, conglomerate of religious demagogues and political jugglers.

My dear Murad, more will follow. Can you ever imagine a people inspired and fired by the Panacea of ISLAM, suffering such morbid imbecility? Ponder and let go of some more of your fire-power of genuine concerns and unswerving faith. Please do not defend the indefensible; I have nothing against the 1400 years of lapses and the people responsible for it. Certainly, it wasn't ISLAM.

Fond regards: Sher Suleman