Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Evolution of Man

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Evolution of Man
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »
Dear brother Joseph Islam, Salamun alaikum

At your convenince, kindly inform me your views on evolution of man.  The concept of evolution of man is believed and explaned by some Islamic scholars including parwez based own their own interpretation of some of the verses of the Quran itself.  As a pointer, I provide below some of the verses from Quran and its interpretation as explained by Parwez.  I am looking whether you have written any article on this point. You need to write to me only at your convenience.   Thanks.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالًا كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاءً وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالْأَرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا

O humanity! adhere to the Laws of your Sustainer Who initiated your creation with a single life-cell (6:99, 39:6) which split into two parts – one male and the other female – and through them spread so many men and women in the world (4:1)

وَهُوَ الَّذِي أَنْشَأَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ فَمُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمُسْتَوْدَعٌ قَدْ فَصَّلْنَا الْآيَاتِ لِقَوْمٍ يَفْقَهُونَ

“It is He who has created you out of a single life-cell (4/1). In the process of evolution, life pauses for a while until it acquires the capacity to reach a higher plane to which it is entrusted for further development. Thus We have made Our plans clear to those who are thoughtful.”(6:99)

خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَأَنْزَلَ لَكُمْ مِنَ الْأَنْعَامِ ثَمَانِيَةَ أَزْوَاجٍ يَخْلُقُكُمْ فِي بُطُونِ أُمَّهَاتِكُمْ خَلْقًا مِنْ بَعْدِ خَلْقٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتٍ ثَلَاثٍ ذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَأَنَّىٰ تُصْرَفُونَ

“He initiated your creation from a single living cell (6:79) and then caused it to split into two parts, one becoming the male and the other female.(39:6)

هَلْ أَتَىٰ عَلَى الْإِنْسَانِ حِينٌ مِنَ الدَّهْرِ لَمْ يَكُنْ شَيْئًا مَذْكُورًا

“It is a fact that the human being (who now exists in the present form) was for a long time not something which could exist on its own.  (Then by passing him through various stages of evolutionary development, We brought him to this stage.)” (76:1)

وَمَا مِنْ دَابَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَّا عَلَى اللَّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا كُلٌّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُبِينٍ

“There is no living being on the face of the earth for whom means of nurture have not been provided by Allah [*1]. Life is not static but passes through evolutionary stages. It pauses for a while at a particular stage until it acquires the capacity to reach a higher plane to which it is entrusted for further development. The sustenance received at each stage should meet the requirements of that stage. All this is clearly indicated in the book containing Allah’s Laws (6/99, 55/29).” (11:6)
[*1] Allah has provided the means of nourishment. It is the responsibility of the Divine Order to make arrangements so that each individual receives sustenance according to his needs. This is called Niz'am-e-Rabubiyyat (6/152, 29/60, 41/10, 36/47).

كَيْفَ تَكْفُرُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَكُنْتُمْ أَمْوَاتًا فَأَحْيَاكُمْ ثُمَّ يُمِيتُكُمْ ثُمَّ يُحْيِيكُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

Ask these people:  “How can you deny the Divine Laws when your own existence is its living testament. Howsoever you reflect, you will have to acknowledge the fact that there was a time when there was no sign of life on earth (76/1). Then life appeared, and, going through stages of its evolution, reached the point when homo-sapiens emerged. Now you became conscious human beings worthy of being addressed as ‘You’ (32/9). From this process of creation it becomes clear that life was not created by you, but by Allah. Why should it then be difficult for Him to bring you back to life (44/56, 40/11) after you die? Life continues beyond death so that one’s deeds can be judged according to the Law of Mukaf’at. You cannot escape from the jurisdiction of this Law.” (2:28)

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Evolution of Man
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
Salamun Alaikum,

Yes, I would concur with late brother Parwez’s inference of an evolutionary development as an evident reality. In my academic view and from what you have shared below, his views on this matter would agree with mine.

Please see below where I provide my academic perspective and Quranic evidence to support my claims.

THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/evolution%20FM3.htm

I hope this helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell