Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sectenrian Concept

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Sectenrian Concept
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
Quranists usually call the Hadith believers as "N2I " ( Number Two Islam) which we see  on  another Forum.While they say that division in sects is not as per Quran why they themselves call fellow muslims as N2I ?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Sectenrian Concept
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:11:54 AM »
Now "Quran Alone"people would like to have a conference in 2013.The Sectenarian concept is fast growing.Can Br JAI offer his vauable comments on this please.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:57:40 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

Peace to you.

What can I say on this matter dear brother except that I find the 'Quran Alone' no less a divided fraternity than the 'N21s' they often accuse.

Ah! But some 'Quran alone' will suggest we are different as we uphold the Quran as the sole source for religious guidance. I would be inclined to respond to some by asking how could we be following the same religion where some of us hold very different theological beliefs? Where some do not accept ritual prayer, argue against the need to fast, reinterpret basic Arabic terms to signify meanings that were unheard of in that context by any Arab. Where our beliefs in Quranic concepts at times are so diverse, we could in effect be readers of different scriptures.

Hence, I find the term 'Quran alone' much of a misnomer. In reality it offers little resistance to the kind of sectarianism that it insinuates to be different from by way of its nomenclature.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
Salam and thanks for expressing the truth,I just wanted to highlight the double standard of people in Forum while they call fellow muslims N2I but preach the dividing in sects is against Quranic teachings. As you said and in my opinion the main cause of trouble is each and every person translates & interprets in his own way keeping behind the meaning given by the Prophet at that time. By simply opening Arabic dictionary does not give the real message given by Quran.They give several meanings of" Salath "as per dictionary but never tell it is "Prayer"Quranists have stanch alergy for prayers.They do not recognize "Qibla" as direction of prayer but say concentrate on Kaaba.Allah ask all Muslim to go to Masjid for Zikrillah but Quranists say come for discussion and  consultations.Another thing is when Salat is ended disperse for your dail businesstherefore if salath is following Allah's  command how can it be ended?May allah help them

Offline Talib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
Salamun Alaikum

I totally agree with the contentions here. For me it is really disheartening that after years of struggle in confusion created by the Traditionalists I was surrounded with, I started to understand Quran but only found difficulty in coming to conclusions.

Not knowing Arabic is perhaps my main reason of confusion, but even those who are profound in Classical Arabic are not united themselves.

It is disheartening for me to see that in 16:89, Allah says that he has explained everything in Quran, yet the same people who use this verse against the Traditionalists, do not come up with one understanding of the Message of Quran. I myself created a thread in another forum, questioning, "Arabic Disputes : A hindrance in Islamic Ideology ?".

One example could be the discussion Joseph Sir had on that forum. The discussion was about the word  'Tayr' in Quran to mean Bird or a Horse.

I have noticed that to take the meaning of Tayr as Bird is more appropriate. Thanks to Respected Joseph Sir. But the other Respected Learned speaker found difficulty in accepting it.

I suppose that this is because, and you may please correct me if I am wrong, if we consider the meaning to be Tayr, then that leads to believe that God did a miracle by helping human with Birds (I am sure you know that it is related to the Battle of badr). This can further lead to be supportive to say that God does miracles, which, many Quran Alone scholars do not accept.

Same goes with the word Salaat. There are some scholars who say that they are students of Parwez Sir. But these students disregard the very book of Parwez Sir, Namaaz ki Ahmiyat. These students also disagree with Parwez Sir when he said that we should not completely reject Namaz. They assert that it was political pressure on Parwez Sir. To my knowledge, Parwez Sir did concur that Salaat can mean prayer as well, hence his book Namaaz Ki Ahmiyat (Importance of Namaaz).

A person like me who does not know Arabic, only remains with doubts. This tendency, in my humble view, leads to disunity among the believers who have the view/understanding that Quran stands alone as sole religious guidance.

I think something really needs to be done. I have said this in every forum I know, that may be there should be some Agency created, wherein there will be a Shura at World level where a proper R&D should be done. This, in my view, can help us set standards and all the paper work of new scholars can be submitted there and analyzed. Like we have SI units in measurement of things, we have Chambers of Commerce etc. 

In India we have Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Officers. The examination for this is really really tough. I really hope that one day this IAS will change into Islamic Administrative Services at world level. That, in my humbly view, can be a giant step in the service of creating Heaven on Earth.

But seeing the disunity among the Quran Alone, such sentiments are only "wishful thinking" perhaps. But we are not even close of such decency in the Muslim Ummah.

May Allah help us bring the true and complete Deen on Earth.

Regards.

PS: Thanks to Humbly Amazing Joseph Islam Sir for always helping in my confusions.