Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Joseph Islam's Article "CUTTING THE HANDS OF A THIEF - NO ORDINARY THIEF"

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Blimey!!!!!!!!!!! The hadith doesn't get any better does it!!!? :P >:(

Thank you optimist for sharing these crazy narratives. It just shows what the orthodoxy defends!

Salaam ... Saba  8)

Offline optimist

• View Profile
Blimey!!!!!!!!!!! The hadith doesn't get any better does it!!!? :P >:(

Thank you optimist for sharing these crazy narratives. It just shows what the orthodoxy defends!

Salaam ... Saba  8)

Actually these are just tips of an iceberg.   Here is another hadith from Imam Malik's Muwatta, Book 41, Number 41.9.28.  Anyone can verify the hadith from the following link.

http://www.islam.us/hadith/muwatta/041.mmt.html

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Safwan ibn Abdullah ibn Safwan that it was said to Safwan ibn Umayya, "Whoever does not do hijra is ruined." So Safwan ibn Umayya went to Madina and slept in the mosque with his cloak as a pillow. A thief came and took his cloak and Safwan grabbed hold of the thief and brought him to the Messenger of Allah,  may Allah bless him and grant him peace. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to him, "Did you steal this cloak?" He said, "Yes." So the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ordered that his hand be cut off. Safwan said to him, "I did not intend this. It is his as sadaqa." The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Why didn't you do it before bringing him to me?"

See...what this fabricated hadith is stating.  Even Safwan was shocked when prophet ordered cutting of the hand for such a silly theft and Safwan had to change his mind and  tell prophet that it was actually given to him as a sadaqa (to save the poor fellow from losing his hand).  Whether the poor fellow was actually saved, as per the story fabricated,  is not very clear in the hadith (we can leave that part).  If the common people read these hadith collections just one time, they will, for sure, revolt against the clergy. 
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
How can anyone seriously respect anyone that defends such crazy hadith like this that maligns the prophet? I know there must be much much more!  >:( :(  Saba

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
salaam Bassam,

Seeing that interpretations of the Qur'an can differ and one can't clearly show the other to be wrong, the central theme of Quran Onlyism fails.

Traditional Muslims recognize that not all of scripture is literally 100% clear, while Qur'anists make it appear as if that is the case.

Is differences of opinion are possible, then isn't that a tacit admission that not all of the Qur'an is clear?

It seems to me you are claiming things about the "Quran-centric" position that are not true.

Please clarify, are you implying:

1) Those who advocate "Quran-centric" or "Quran-only" claim 100% of Quran is clear and there is only one interpretation possible for every verse?

If so, please state who said this, with link. Thanks.

2) Are you aware of verses such as 3:7, 3:159, 39:18, 42:38 and 58:11?

If so, can you tell us if they allow for the possibility of variance of opinion with regards to dealing with matters. Yes/No/Unsure.