Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: interactions between jinns and humans

Offline Nura

• View Profile
interactions between jinns and humans
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »
salam brother,

1.is interaction between jinns and humans haram?

2. if so, prophet Solomon used to interact with them. was He an exception?

3. I heard that magic or occult arts refer to this interaction between jinns and mankind? so isn't practicing withcraft haram?

thank you.
Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: interactions between jinns and humans
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »
As-salam alaykum Nura,

One would be respectfully inclined to ask the question, what is the purpose of interacting with the Jinn? How can one even distinguish amongst the good and bad from a creation that cannot be seen and only perceived? How can one trust what they tell us or their intent?

Is the interaction part of a 'quid pro quo' (I help you in return for veneration or seeking help from other than God)? Is it to harm others as part of black occult arts? What does one have to concede in their religion and what methods are used to summon the jinn?

The interaction Prophet Solomon had with the Jinn were arguably not part of any dubious intent.

However, I find no explicit or cogent implicit interpretation which outright makes it impermissible to interact with the Jinn or 'haram'.

After all, many exorcists interact with the Jinn to remove their evil intent from places they have manifested such as human victims and as you have mentioned, Prophet Solomon also interacted with them.

However, in light of the Quran's guidance, I see no reason to encourage it either. It only opens up another more precarious, vulnerable door for Satan and his minions to make use of to lead humans astray. (114:5-6).

Therefore, one could argue that such a door should remain firmly closed.

After all, we are not Prophet Solomon nor are we arguably granted the authority that was granted to him.

He said: My Lord! Forgive me and grant me a kingdom (bestow me sovereignty) such as shall not belong to any after me. Indeed! You are the Bestower.

In the end and as always, only God knows best.

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell