Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Views on healing by medicine or faith.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Views on healing by medicine or faith.
« on: November 25, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
Salaam all
What are the views on healing by medicine or bearing physical suffering as a trial and putting one's trust and faith in God alone?
Does brother Joseph have a view/link on this?

Salaam and kind regards

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
Re: Views on healing by medicine or faith.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »
Salaam miracle114 and All,

The Qur’an uses the root M-R-D’ (diseased/sick) in so many verses, but why the Qur’an did not use anywhere in it a term for Doctor/medical practitioner? And the verse (4:43) where root M-R-D’ used, ends with “...that Allah was/is often forgiving/pardoning, forgiving”. Also the verse 73:20.

About healing,

[Al Qur’an 26:80] "And if I became sick/diseased, so He cures/heals me”
[Al Qur’an 16:69] “Then eat from all the fruits, so enter/pass your Lord's roads/paths manipulated/dangled low, from its bellies/insides emerges/appears a drink its colours (are) different, in it (is) a cure/healing for the people; that in that (is) an evidence/sign to a nation thinking”.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:31:55 AM »
Salaam brother Mohammed
Jzk for the reply.
I am am familiar with the honey verse. However whether it is a clue that in all foods is healing or just honey alone,  is difficult to say.

Regards and Salaam

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:11:58 PM »
My belief is that, honey mainly has the purpose of giving a physical sensation or physical awareness just like when we are washing ourselves with water/soil for purification prior to Swalah, the healing/cure always depends on the repentance and the purity of one’s mind. And I don’t know about other foods. I also believe that no any man made medicines can cure the root cause of any disease.

In brief my understanding is,
Physical fitness is depends on hormonal/chemical/neurotransmitter equilibrium which strongly depends on one’s mental state/attitude/conscientiousness/righteousness.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:51:30 AM »
Salam mohammed
Yes I agree with you.

Jzk and regards