Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Alleged errors in 23:12-14 and 79:30 - clarification needed

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
Alleged errors in 23:12-14 and 79:30 - clarification needed
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:11:36 AM »
Assalamu alaykum everyone,
Im being assaulted a lot lately regarding these 'errors' in Quran, and as a non arabic speaker i need help from brother Joseph and/or anyone of you familiar with arabic.

First one concerns 23:12-14 regarding the formation of bones and muscles. In those verses we read "We made (from the lump) bones, and we covered bones with flesh". And I've come accross many sites who say that bones and muscles develop at the same time, simultaneously. God states in the Quran that it contains no errors, and the creator of mankind would never state anything false about the way He creates mankind. So, could you explain the verse or share your knowledge on this issue please? (especially on terms mughdah and lahm)

Second one concerns the 79:30. Some say it is "After that He spread the earth", and some say "After that He made the earth egg-shaped". The word in question is ''dahaha''. What is its accurrate meaning to be applied in this verse?

Thank you in advance,
your sister Seraphina

"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: Alleged errors in 23:12-14 and 79:30 - clarification needed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:35:17 AM »
Peace Seraphina.

1--Although the following is a traditional site, I agree with the Science of the development of the foetus:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/bones_then_muscles_wrapping.htm

So see what you think.

2-- the word ``Dahhyah'' means egg ( Ostrich egg specifically) in Arabic. Therefore " Dahhaaha" means egg shaped.

Of course ,it is  my opinion, that I agree with above.

To my knowledge, and in the few years that I have been studying Qoran, I have not found a single contradiction in it with established ,evidenced facts so far.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »
Salaam Seraphina,

You asked:

79:30. Some say it is "After that He spread the earth", and some say "After that He made the earth egg-shaped". The word in question is ''dahaha''. What is its accurrate meaning to be applied in this verse?

I fully concur with the following answer to a similar questions that was raised on another forum:

The word in the Arabic Language means to extend and even out. It is said: "daha" the thing; "yad'hu dahwan". These terms can mean he either evened out and extended it or he threw it and rolled it. It is also said: "the rain daha the stones from the face of the earth," which means it rolled it and washed it away. It is also said: "The horse passed by yad'hu dahwan," which means he is beating his foot on the ground and yad'hu its sand. Also, the ostrich's mad'hi means its laying of its eggs, and "ad'hiha" is the nest where its chicks are born.

So as we clearly see, all of the above Arabic words that are derived from "daha" mean:
1- To extend.
2- To roll.
3- To even out.
4- Causing to become egg-shaped or creating, making or producing eggs (see the ostrich's mad'hi example above).

The meanings all derive from the root word in arabic, there is nothing wrong with applying all the meanings especially amazing in this situation seeing as they are all true. Arabic is a rich language and words usually have more then one meaning

The Arabic word dahaha in Noble Verse 79:30 above did have multiple meanings and uses. One of them was when one refers to an ostrich egg. Another was when referring to making something extended, spread out, stretched and/or expanded. This is an example of how Allah Almighty uses scientific notions in the Noble Quran when He talked about how He created certain things. He gave words that had multiple meanings and interpretations to them to make the Noble Quran truly be for all times and all places, and show it has deeper meanings. The meanings unravel more and more as scientific discoveries increase

The shape of the earth being similar to an oblate spheroid [ Also according to Wikipedia: "The Earth's shape is very close to an oblate spheroid—a rounded shape with a bulge around the equator—although the precise shape (the geoid) varies from this by up to 100 meters (327 ft)."

Eggs can be described as prolate spheroids, ovate spheroids or oblate spheroids. The fact is the word used in the Quran has particular root link to an ostrich egg

We are specifically observing an Ostrich egg which does resemble an Oblate Spheroid and NOT Prolate Spheroid. More over technical labeling is irrelevant since these are invented modern names that we ascribe to the earth.

Peace.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Hi Seraphina :)

Your first question about embryology:

The verse says that the "lump of flesh/muscle" is present from the beginning. The bones are also present. Then they are "clothed with flesh--" meaning that the muscle and bone are already there at the same time, but the muscle starts to form around the bone afterward.

This is my understanding :)

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:56:08 PM »
Thank you so much Goodlogic, Hassan, Wakas and Mariyah for your insights. I feel I still need to study our holy book to understand what does it say about some facts regarding science and nature. Knowledge on our holy book is never finished, I suppose :)
God bless you
Seraphina
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
Seraphina: You're totally right :)