Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is the meaning of dabbah?

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
What is the meaning of dabbah?
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
Salam Walaikum All,

Hope all are fine...As I am reading Quran in english...i came across a word..."When God's word is justly carried out against them, we will produce a dabbah from the earth which will tell them that mankind had no real faith in our signs."...the translator has mentioned in the footnote that...

At the time when Almighty God takes decision to bring to an end the present history of the earth, some extraordinary sings will appear to usher in the last phase. Among these sings will be the appearance of a dabbah. The message, which was brought through human beings and which was not accepted by the people will be announced by dabbah. Modern systems of communications are probably what is alluded to here as dabbah. This will be the bell announcing the end of the examination period and not its beginning.

So...what does this dabbah mean?...does it mean that...end of the world is near?..can anyone clear please.

Thanks and best regards,
Anjum

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
Re: What is the meaning of dabbah?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:47:12 PM »
Salam sister Anjum,
You're not the only one who finds that verse thought-provoking :) actually that verse is a subject of much interpretation. Some say it is about technology (as you have heard), some about an earthly creature from flesh and blood, and so on.
Here's a detailed analysis of that word and that verse from brother Joseph:
http://quransmessage.com/articles/creature%20FM3.htm
And a discussion here in forum about the exact same verse:
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=879.0

Let me know if you have other questions,
your sister Seraphina :)
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."