Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Tafsir al-Mizan (explaining Quran with the help of Quran)

Offline nabeelkhan

• View Profile
Tafsir al-Mizan (explaining Quran with the help of Quran)
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »
Salaam

Have you read the tafseer of Quran named "Al-Mizan fi tafsiri'l-Qur'an, popularly known as Tafsir al-Mizan (Arabic: تفسير الميزان‎) (or exegesis of the Quran) written by Allamah Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i.

What makes this tafseer (i.e. exegesis) interesting and different is that the author explains Quranic verses in the light of other Quranic verses (as contrast to traditions and narrations). It is a huge collection as the tafseer book consists of 20 volumes originally written in Arabic.

A very little part of it may be found in English on the below URL.
http://www.shiasource.com/al-mizan/

I hope the readers will like it, specially students of Quran like brother Joseph Islam.

intro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafsir_al-Mizan

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Tafsir al-Mizan (explaining Quran with the help of Quran)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:52:15 AM »
Salam All, I don't know how Bro Tabbatabai has translated the Quran but he relies on Secondary Sources of Shiah Imams & wants to discard the narrations of other Sahaba. The authenticity of Secodary Source is questionable. He has used good words like people want to throw their light on Word of Quran which is already bright. He also writes in conclusion that only the Prophet or his progeny can only inerprate Quran. I agree about The Prophets interpretation  but not the other Imams who lean towards Imamat & Wahi. There is no mention of Imamat in Quran but why the Shiahs link with Quran by misinterpretation. The saying of Prophet Mohammad in Last Sermon to hold Quran & Ahlebayth is not right.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:37:58 AM »
Salaam.

Major Thafaseer (Qur'an Commentaries) prioritize Verses from Al Qur'an while commenting on any Verse, or part thereof.

For example, Thafseer Ibn Katheer.

Perhaps it is the most famous as regards thafseer by Hadees.

The fact is that Ibn Katheer begins thafseer of almost every Verse, by quoting other Verses.

Razee (Rhazes), in his Al Thafseer Al Kabeer, quotes more than forty Verses in the course of his Thafseer of the first verse of the 2nd Sura. His Thafseer of that one Verse runs to twelve pages (Arabic).

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 02:09:28 AM »
Taking note of Tafaseer of Ibne Kaseer or Razi we have to decide if Quran is understood by the Hadith narrations which may not be authentic. The basic point is that if Quran is dependent upon explanation of Hadith ? The  answer is NO.Bro Tabbatabai mentions the way the different sects explain Quran based upon their beliefs. Shiah people will connect the word Imam to their 12 Imams. Ayat-e-Tatheer is explained as per their faith. Sufis will interprete Ayaat in their way. The basic point is that Quran is revealed in the Arabic language of that time as such we have to understand in that simple Arabic. Qamaruzzaman, Dr Shabbir , GAPervez, translate in their own erratic way. GAPervez tells about Central Authority etc for which Fatwa was released that he was Kafir. It has become a fashion to interpret in own way. When GAPervez &Dr Shabbir talk about Race Horses when Musslli appears in Quran. Very foolish way of interpretations
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light