Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I am having doubts, evil thoughts and such, WHY?

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
I am having doubts, evil thoughts and such, WHY?
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:57:44 AM »
Recently, I am having doubtful thoughts, evil thoughts, bad thoughts about islam and words that i dont want to say or think. Its so shame of me, but i cant control myself to get rid of it  forever.... These thoughts are worst that cant be explained & i know these aint me of thinking like that. Please help me! I pray five times & completely submitted myself to Allah the Almighty. But why these thoughts are coming like that? Please reply & give me a permanent solution.
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: I am having doubts, evil thoughts and such, WHY?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »
Bro please spell out what are you thinking about Islam & it's evils? Be clear about what you think? Please don't hide anything

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
No its not evil of course. It's just doubtful thoughts that I'm trying to overcome. Too much doubtful thoughts that I don't wanna take it. It's all about "what if" like situation and that's grabbed increasingly...
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:32:44 AM »
Truth Seeker may kindly help him. Thanks

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
Salaam,

I am sorry to hear what you are going through and I can understand why you feel ashamed and guilty. I think that Shaytaan tries to throw you off course in different ways and it may be that he is preying on you in this manner as you mentioned that you pray and submit yourself to God.

Maybe instead of ignoring the thoughts, you should challenge them in your mind. If for example you have a doubt about a particular aspect of Islam, you should explore it and once you have satisfied yourself that there is a counter argument for it then it will hopefully remove the doubts.

Also praying specifically for help  to rid you of such thoughts will Inshallah help you spiritually and remove your anguish.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »
Bro please take advise of Truth Seeker and do what had TS has told

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 01:58:11 AM »
I explored and completely tried not to think and support it. It worked. Now I'm free of that. But to be noticed that to seek for counter would not help that much as I'm not that sort of knowledgeable person about Quran. That's why writing here for help as u guys are most experienced. Thanks to u all.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 11:06:39 PM »
Salaam,

I am glad that you are feeling better Alhamdulillah. If you have any further incidents of these doubts and need further help, please post them here and I am sure the forum members will do their best to give you answers and suggestions IA.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:40 AM »
Salam Bro can you tell us about your worries ?So that we me help you Thanks

Offline Star

• View Profile
Some of my doubts and questions
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
Salam brother Joseph. I have some questions regarding the Quran.

I know this is a lot of questions, but I hope you can answer. Your website provided a lot of answers earlier, but there are still some things I'm confused on. I know you're busy, but please do your best to answer, since I'm really and confused and I'll pray for you if you can help.

Questions:

1) Some Quran verses (like 5:72) say everyone who associates partners with Allah goes to hell. What if some people are polytheists, but they've never seen the message of monotheism, so they don't know they're doing anything wrong? Do these people also go to hell? This question is important to me because I have some nonmuslim relatives who engage in shirk, but they don't know they're doing it.
I understand that a person is not a disbeliever until they see the message in its correct form and disbelieve in it, but according to 5:72, even if a person has never received the message, if they still commit shirk, they are going to hell. I think I might be misinterpreting this verse, can you explain?

2) There are some Quranic verses that say stuff like "never do we destroy a people until they commit immorality." Does this mean that natural disasters only happen when people do bad things? Like, there are a lot of earthquakes in Japan, but that's because it lies on a faultline, not because Japanese people are evil. Am I missing something?

3) Are the punishments prescribed in the Quran, like lashes for adultery, only to be applied to muslims, or other people too? In a nonmuslim country, you can't punish anyone for adultery. So if you live in a nonmuslim country and you don't punish someone who deserves to be punished under Quranic law, is that a sin?

4) If mankind was created in the best mould like the Quran says, why are there children born with birth defects? I know God is all-knowing, but if He says man was created in the best way, then what about conjoined twins and stuff like that? Is that a test or something?

5) The Quran says no injustice will be done and everyone's good and bad deeds will be repaid to an atom's weight, but there is also a verse (forgot the number, sorry) that says disbelievers' good deeds don't help them. My theory is that good deeds are only considered good when you do them with God in mind, and if you're a disbeliever, then you can't do a good deed with God in mind. So disbelievers' good deeds are not accepted because they're not good deeds. Is this correct?

6) There's a verse that says no vision can encompass God, and the only way He speaks to people is from behind a veil or through a messenger. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that there's a verse saying Muhammad saw God. Is there really such a verse? If so, isn't that contradictory, or did Muhammad just see God metaphorically or something?

7) Don't get mad, but--who created God?

8) Let's say you give the Quran to someone who doesn't know Arabic. They won't understand it, right? But a lot of translators mistranslate verses misogynistically and make them sound more violent. So if someone gets a translation of the Quran that is misogynistic and screwed up, and they reject it, that's not a sin on their part, is it? Because they were just rejecting the messed up version of the Quran, not the legit version. My main question here is, why does God let people mess up His verses by translating them wrong? The Arabic Quran remains (mostly) the same, but people can play around with translations however they want. Not fair. When I first started reading translation, I was shocked by what some of the verses said, which is why I started doing research, and I figured out that my translation was all wrong.

9) Does "no change shall there be in the creation of Allah" make genetic engineering haram? Because I'm doing a science project on that, and I don't want to do a project on haram things. (I'm just modifying harmful genes, not good ones)

10) I understand that God doesn't discriminate against women, but in financial cases, if a girl's testimony is half of a man's, does that mean God thinks women are stupid? That does not go down well with me, especially since I want to be a scientist.

11) And basically, all my questions culminate to this: If the Quran is a guidance for everyone, why was it only revealed in Arabic and not a bunch of other languages as well so people can mess up translations however they wish? Also, is it just me, but why do I find some stuff in the Quran confusing if it's supposed to be clear?

***Importantly, I've noticed that VERY FEW people actually receive the Quran the way it's supposed to be received. Hadiths are nonsense from what I can tell, but most Islamic missionaries tell people to follow hadiths as well as Quran. And then people read the hadiths and find out they're stupid, and they're horrified and reject Islam. Very few people are presented with a good, clear translation of the Quran that they can accept or reject of their own free will. Most people are given bad translations, and then they reject Islam based on that. Why hasn't God made His guidance available to everyone in the best form? Why does He have to make things so confusing???

I'm really sorry if that's too many questions for you to answer, but please try your best.

Some of these questions are probably stupid, but please answer to the best of your ability, as I am REALLY confused.

Mia

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
also I just started here so how do I start a new thread? also how long does it generally takke to get replies from admin?

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
Salamu Alykum Mia666

Welcome to the forum

As I'm not sure if brother Joseph will reply very soon or if he may be busy, I hope I can help you out with the questions you have asked may God be willing. I have read lots of the articles he has written and I do find them very consistent with the Quran's guidance thank God.

1. If you read verse 5:72 you will clearly realize this is talking to people who are disbelievers. This means that people denied the truth after it been made clear.

If you try to view the Quran from the eyes of the people who are receiving the message, then verses like these would not be so difficult to understand. That would mean if your reading that "God does not forgive any who associate partners with Him" then they are obviously reading the message and looking for answers and being warned. This statement is made to the reader or anyone who the message is being delivered to. Not a group or community who never heard it. Please see verses 4:115-116. God states to those people who remain on a wrong path after the truth has been clearly manifested to them by the messenger, that God will keep them in the path they have chosen which they know its wrong and they will not get the blessings from God. He further tells them that He may forgive any other sin on the Day of Judgment but for polytheism He will not.

Now maybe what you might be asking is what would be the cause of the people who never received a guidance from God and are not on the right religion? A answer that brother Joseph once pointed out to me was :

[1]"The simple answer is fairly. The Quran repeatedly underscores the maxim that God is most just and that not an iota of injustice will take place (4:40) as our Lord is perfect as judge. This is also supported by the following verses:

"This is because your Lord does not destroy the townships arbitrarily while their people are unconscious / unaware (of the wrong they do)."

"And for all there will be ranks / degrees from what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do."

As to the details of exactly how they will be judged, this information was not even given to Prophet Moses, as a similar question as to yours was also asked by Pharaoh.

"He (Pharaoh) said: "What then is the case of the former generations?""

"He (Moses) said: "Its knowledge is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets"

Hence, with all humility and respect, I would dare not attempt to answer a question that even Prophet Moses did not answer and I would rather repeat with humility that, "Its knowledge is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets".

2. Please see this article and related topics at the bottom [2] UNDERSTANDING OUR TRIALS - WHY ME? http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20trials%20FM3.htm

3. please see this article [3] IS THE QURAN SIMPLY A REVELATION TO BE UNDERSTOOD AND APPLIED ON A PERSONAL LEVEL? https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/538289746308157 also
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/498537746950024

4. You may be comfortable with some answer that the article in [2] provides. At the end we don't know God's overall plan and all the wisdom behind all things.

5. I believe that doing good deeds for the sake of ones self and for the sake of humanity are one thing and doing good deeds for the sake of God is another. Arguably some people have different desires and some people are created with different attributes. I remember there was a Facebook article written on deeds for the love of people and deeds based on for the love and sake of God. The verse i think your inquiring about is 14:18

6. There is no verse stating such a human seen God. See verse 42:51. As a matter of fact God tells us no imagination or vision can perceive Him. Nothing compares or can even comprehend who the Almighty is.

7. God is the only real being. This is something that our created human minds have a hard time to understand. We have to accept that who God is, is something that our minds cannot imagine. What we know about Him is what he has told us. We are simply a creation of His. That we can not understand what is not around us. We tend to think of time as something that needed to have a start. But we need to understand time of something that has been created. We cannot think outside our boundaries. Please see these articles I hope they may be of some help. [4] WHO MADE GOD? https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/378605965609870?stream_ref=10

If you may want to read some of the articles and keep reading the related topics I hope you will find answers to lots of your questions.

I believe God always has a way of guiding people to the truth no matter who they are and what they speak. literate or non-literate. We are humans who should always be striving to accepting truth as it becomes manifested to us. At times there are people born closer to the truth than others. But all the answers and the whole absolute truth of everything remains with God. I'm amazed and I glorify God for allowing me to see the knowledge he has bestowed on some of his creation Masha'Allah. We are expected to keep seeking knowledge. And hopefully God blesses us with it.

I hope you are content with at least some of the answers  :)

May God bless you

[1]http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1393.0

[2]UNDERSTANDING OUR TRIALS - WHY ME?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20trials%20FM3.htm

[3]IS THE QURAN SIMPLY A REVELATION TO BE UNDERSTOOD AND APPLIED ON A PERSONAL LEVEL? https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/538289746308157
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/498537746950024

[4] WHO MADE GOD?
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/378605965609870?stream_ref=10

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 06:58:31 AM »
Thank you so much for your answers. I haven't had time to go through all the articles yet but I will soon inshallah

This helped a lot :3

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 06:02:28 AM »
How do you start a new thread??

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 07:42:35 PM »
Salaam Hamzeh,

Thank you for taking the time to answer and provide links for Miah. I hope he gets the answers to his questions IA.

Miah- to create a new thread, simply go to the home page and click on the relevant topic for example 'General Discussions' and at the top right just above the first thread you will see a 3 buttons with the  first one being 'new topic'.

Click on that and you can start a new thread.