Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 16:25

Offline Star

• View Profile
16:25
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
Salam all,

Verse 16:25 says those who disbelieve will carry the burdens of their sins as well as the sins of those they misled without knowledge. However, other verses say that no soul shall bear the burden of another.

Is this a contradiction? Thank you in advance :)

Offline Hassan3000

• View Profile
Re: 16:25
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 02:18:45 AM »
May peace be upon you  :D

Well the point is, its true no soul shall bear the burden of another, its only logical as God is just. So it means, if I sin, you won't be the one questioned for my sin on the day of judgment, its me who is going to be questioned. So the person who sins, is going to be questioned. On the other hand, there are people who sin, without knowing its a sin, will they be questioned? No, because they don't know, and if someone is responsible for that, for misguiding people, they take the sins of the people who they misguided, because their the reason they sinned in the first place. So its not really a contradiction, its just about different things.

Basically, no one will bear the burden of another, as long as their not the reason another person sinned.

Hope that answers the question  :)

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:02 AM »
Salam,

Thank you for your reply :)

I agree with what you said. It seems like some people have picked up this verse as a "contradiction," and Answering Islam is parroting it. However, when you look closer, it becomes apparent that there is no contradiction. This verse is referring to a different scenario than the one that says "no soul will bear the burden of another."

:)

Offline Hassan3000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:06:02 AM »
May peace be upon you :)

In general sites like Answering Islam, all they do is try to find things which they can criticize Islam with, which frankly, sometimes can be really laughable, like I'm sure you heard of the claim that Allah is a moon god. As you can see, they can take out anything and call it a contradiction and make any ridiculous claim about Islam.

In the Quran it says

031:006
"But there are, among men, those who purchase idle talk, without knowledge, to mislead from the Path of God and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty"

The point I'm trying to take is, its possible to criticize practically anything, and reading them has a negative effect. When you're sure with Islam now, if you read such claims, it sounds ridiculous, but if read enough it could affect you, making you start believing them. So personally I would advice you, not to really go through such websites, which is a waste of time and hinders your faith.

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
Human beings are prone to error or mistake sometimes due to propaganda. Sometimes a young person is mislead by state authorities to think that their race is better than others or their minds are filled with lots of hate stuff about another nation and so on. In many countries state controlled schools and media flushing lots of subjective and wrong information to young brains and so they start to think its one hundred percent truth. Take north korean for example ,their minds are filled with great human leader like they are gods great saviours and the rest of human race in the world under reign of brutal and ruthless tyrannies. And under that propaganda bombing many people accept the false as right. They are manipulated and modified in a planned way to accept brightness as darkness white as black and so on. So for those kind of people who take advantage of youngs without experience and program their personalities like a robot and force them to act upon based wrong assumptions must carry their sins as well.

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:10:15 AM »
Salam,

I agree with your replies. :) Thank you for your clarification.