Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: identification And introducing the "Muslim person" regarding Quran?

Offline Abdurrahman

• View Profile
Dear Joseph,
Esselamu Aleykum to everyone,
I love the way that you explain and introduce the points and sources.
Regarding many Hadiths we know how a Muslim look like and the character !
Especially with outlook and so on...
I'll be appreciate if you can explain with the verses from Qurans view?

With best regards
Allah may bless you and us
Abdurrahman

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
The Muslims should not be judged by Ahadith but by Quran
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Idendification of a Muslim is utters Shahada & lead his life as per Quran & not Hadith
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Abdurrahman

• View Profile
Hi Sardar,
Thats way I asked actually, I don't see Hadiths as an true reference.
I wanna know from Qurans view?!
Tnx
Esselamu Aleykum everyone

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Salaam Abdurrahman,

You asked:

Regarding many Hadiths we know how a Muslim look like and the character !
Especially with outlook and so on...
I'll be appreciate if you can explain with the verses from Qurans view?

Muslims come in all shapes and sizes; there is no defining look. Any individual who upholds and adheres to the teachings of the Quran properly is, by definition, a Muslim. Whether (in the case of our Muslim brothers) one decides to grow a beard or not and whether (in the case of our Muslim sisters) one decides to wear the hijab or not has absolutely NO say on ones Pity / righteousness or faith. The Qur'an (in the following verse) stresses the principle that mere compliance with outward forms does not fulfill the requirements of piety or make one a Muslim:

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, but righteousness is that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts-- these are they who are true (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil)." [Quran 2:177]

In the above verse, the turning of one's face towards the east or the west is mentioned here only by way of illustration. The actual purpose of the verse is to emphasize that the observance of certain outward religious rites, the performance of certain formal religious acts out of conformism, and the manifestation of certain familiar forms of piety do not constitute that essential righteousness which alone carries weight with God and earns His recognition and approval

As for the characteristics of a Muslim, here are just a few verses which lay out those characteristics:

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'an) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone);Who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and spend out of that We have provided them." [Quran 8:2-3]

"[How] prosperous are the believers! Those who pray humbly, who shun idle talk, who pay the prescribed alms, who guard their chastity, except with their spouses or their slaves a – with these they are not to blame, but anyone who seeks more than this is exceeding the limits– who are faithful to their trusts and pledges and who keep up their prayers..." [Quran 23:1-9]

"And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, 'Peace!'" [Quran 25:63]

"...And when they hear idle talk, they turn away from it and say: 'Unto us our deeds, and unto you yours; salam (peace) be on you; we seek not the ignorant.'" [Quran :25:55]

"....righteousness is that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts -- these are they who are true (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil)." [Quran 2:177]

Peace.

Offline Abdurrahman

• View Profile
Thank you very much,

Carying the message to others and thus spread the true teachings of Islam.
we should safeguard it by putting it on forums/webs so that if not today then in the coming generation some one may gain from it. And then if some one begins to think and act on the way of Deen, then our footprints will at least give him the satisfaction that someone else too had walked on this path.

Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious:(16:125)