Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: First and last verse revealed to Prophet(PBUH)

Offline Be Kind

• Rutamelooo
    • View Profile
    • Quransmessage.com
First and last verse revealed to Prophet(PBUH)
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
I see refuge in God from all that's evil and the accursed Satan
In the name of God the most merciful the most beneficent 

Peace be upon our kind and knowledgeable brother Joseph and others.
You're always in sha Allah in my duas for your jihad in the Way of God and taking the job of a messenger(العلماء هم ورثة الأنبياء) I now understand that there's something truth in this statement...
Alhamdulillah, here I am (after almost three years of studying your works) asking/disscussing some issues and things that i encountered in this way ...

As a start will talk about the first and last verses revealed to prophet Muhammad(PBUH) ..
As everyone maybe aware of the little controversy about first verses. Some say it was Iqra and other say it was mudaser and then they go by brain and decide all that it was Iqra because of the 'content'!!
They can't even tell clearly which verses were revealed first and last but they will tell you what the prophet said and done !!! Subhan'Allah!
So now I haven't searched about last verses but from my study of the Quran text I came to conclusion that last verses were from Surah Fath!!
Why ?
Some reasons:
1-The prophet shortcomings were forgiven during the his ministry/mistakes when trying to apply God's guidance in his circumstances / those that are mentioned in the Quran(see verses 1 and 2 of al Fath)
2-some companions and believers were given glad tidings and Allah has become pleased with
Them(verse 5 and 18)
3-God's way / God's sunnah / sunat Allah / goal of God in action / righteous people and messengers victorious and the wrong doers case closed!   
 سُنَّةَ اللّٰهِ الَّتِىۡ قَدۡ خَلَتۡ مِنۡ قَبۡلُ ۖۚ وَلَنۡ تَجِدَ لِسُنَّةِ اللّٰهِ تَبۡدِيۡلًا
(48:23) Such is Allah's Way that has come down from the past. Never shall you find any change in the Way of Allah.
4-promises that God made in the very first years of prophet Muhammad's(PBUH) ministry fulfilled like Fath and that the religion of truth will become apparent over false religions / means = truth will become apparent and everyone will know about it and receive it
هُوَ الَّذِىۡۤ اَرۡسَلَ رَسُوۡلَهٗ بِالۡهُدٰى وَدِيۡنِ الۡحَـقِّ لِيُظۡهِرَهٗ عَلَى الدِّيۡنِ كُلِّهٖ​ؕ وَكَفٰى بِاللّٰهِ
(48:28) He it is Who sent His Messenger with the True Guidance and the Religion of Truth that He may make it prevail over every religion. Sufficient is Allah as a witness (to this).
And the Surah ends with some awesome facts: reveling Muhammad is the messenger of God, and about believers when dealing with each other and taking about unity and brotherhood and what we need after God has COMPLETED FAVOUR UPON US AND GUIDED US : UNITY
(48:29) Muhammad is Allah's Messenger, and those who are with him are firm with the unbelievers but compassionate with one another. You see them occupied in bowing and prostrating and in seeking Allah's bounty and good pleasure. They are distinguished from others by the marks of prostration on their faces. Thus are they described in the Torah. And their parable in the Gospel is that of a tilth that puts forth its shoot, then strengthens it so that it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem. This is a sight pleasing to the sowers and one by which the unbelievers will be enraged. As for those who believe and do righteous deeds, Allah has promised them forgiveness and a great reward.
ALHAMDULILH ! Peace and blessings! :-)
Our lord explains things best and he has the best answers: (25:33) whenever they put any strange question to you, We sent its right answer and explained the matter in the best manner."

Offline Be Kind

• Rutamelooo
    • View Profile
    • Quransmessage.com
Re: First and last verse revealed to Prophet(PBUH)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:38:56 AM »
 No reply, eh?? :( I must be promoted to administrator please, I can be trusted!!  :)
Our lord explains things best and he has the best answers: (25:33) whenever they put any strange question to you, We sent its right answer and explained the matter in the best manner."

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
Salaam Be Kind,

Thank you for sharing that with us. And welcome to the forum. I hope your knowledge and wisdom will be of a benefit to us, and ours to you.

They can't even tell clearly which verses were revealed first and last but they will tell you what the prophet said and done

Well said.

Peace.

Offline Be Kind

• Rutamelooo
    • View Profile
    • Quransmessage.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatu, Hasssan A.
Thank you dear brother.  ;D and may Our lord accept your prayers. May the blessings, love, light and love of God be with ya. :-)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:31:35 AM »
Bro Hasan did not reply to Be kind's question. The answer is first revelation is "Iqra "and last is either  Surah " Al Nasar" or " Akmal Deenahum"
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:00:21 PM »
Asalamu Alykum

Dear Be Kind

I myself have not seen to much debates and controversy over which was the first and last verses revealed to the Prophet (pbuh). In my humble opinion there would be no real facts in which was the first and the last verse revealed. Even if the hadith literature was positive about it, if the Quran did not make such statement then one would only have a best estimate or guess. It may be arguable that by reading the verses one can assume which one was the first or which ones were possibly the first. Also what benefit would there be in knowing which is the first verse and last verse revealed?

One may assume by the context and meaning that it could be out of these two or three verses was the first one revealed

96:1 Recite in the name of your Lord who created -

73:1 O thou folded in garments. 73:2-Stand by night, but not all night,-

In the name of God, The most Gracious The most Merciful

Or it could be possibly none of these or it could be that it may be a whole Surah been revealed at once also. Only God knows best

The last verse revealed could be possibly be

(5:3 part)  This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Or maybe not

God knows best.

The Quran is a book to be read in a whole to get the best meaning. It is a book that its verses and meaning is consistent within itself.

39:23 Allah has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah's praises. Such is the guidance of Allah: He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide.

Peace and Blessings Insha'Allah  :)