Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Quran ayats that mention or favor the RIGHT

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Quran ayats that mention or favor the RIGHT
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:54:53 AM »
Salaam all
These verses mention/favor the right (assumedly vs the left). There could be much more similar ayats, I have not checked.
Does the Quran favor right over the left? Why? Or have I interpreted the ayats wrong?

Jzk, Peace and Walaikum Salaam.

66:8
69:19
69:45
90:18
90:19
56:90
56:91
57:12

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Quran ayats that mention or favor the RIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:50:18 PM »
Dear Miracle114,

Wa alaikum assalam

As I have mentioned in the article [1] below, the ‘right hand’ has a somewhat glorified meaning in the Quran which is apparent from its usage in different contexts (e.g. those on the right hand in heaven; books of one’s deeds given to the right hand etc.).

This is a function of the recipient language of the primary audience (Arabic) which arguably understood the 'right hand' to be of glorified meaning.

It is noteworthy that this is not just restricted to Arabic, but other languages also have this understanding where they project the 'right hand' in a glorified sense. An example in English would be the phrase 'He is my right hand man' denoting an indispensable assistant / helper.

One can of course surmise as to why the 'right hand' has such a glorified meaning in certain languages, whether it is to do with perceived strength / importance (e.g. most humans are right handed) or else, but the important point is that in the language of the Quran and the Arabs at the time of revelation, the 'right hand' served a glorified meaning / position of strength / positivity.  The Quran merely made use of their language to part the message and hence, one notes many references to it.

I hope this helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] SEX WITH SLAVE GIRLS
http://quransmessage.com/articles/sex%20with%20slave%20girls%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Re: Quran ayats that mention or favor the RIGHT
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:28:44 AM »
Salaam brother Joseph
Jzk for the reply,  it makes good sense and really well explained again Jzk and kind of highlights how perfect Allah the Almighty's wider plan really is.
I will have a read of the link.

Peace and kind regards.