Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Jabrail, Meekael, Bible and Ruh ul-Qudus

Offline IjazAhmad

• View Profile
Jabrail, Meekael, Bible and Ruh ul-Qudus
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
Salamun Alaikum Br. Joseph!

I read your wonderful article some weeks ago about Jabrail, and I agree! - There is not one single verse in the entire Qur'an that Jabrail is an angel. But, I have some questions . .

• Can Mikaeel be an another entity? ie distinct from Jabrail and the Malaika? Is this a possibility? or is he a Ruh with distinct power/attributes from Jabrail?
  • Verse 77.5:

Muhsin Khan
    And by the angels that bring the revelations to the Messengers,

Pickthall
    By those who bring down the Reminder,

Yusuf Ali
    Then spread abroad a Message,

Free-Minds.org
    Then the remembrance that is found.

What is the correct translation? According to your article, it is Jabrail who brings down the revelation which is of course mentioned in the Qur'an, but according Pickthall's translation (Those - Plural) - May refer to the angels and according to Mushin Khan the translation is (angels - plural).

So, did also the angels bring down the revelation? and . . then does it mean that Jabrail can be an angel? - I was debating with my fellow 'Sunni' friend and he gave me this verse to prove that Jabrail is an angel and many angels can bring down the revelation(s). What is the correct translation and if you can, please explain the verse? [/i]
  • What to do with Muslims who post tafsirs to prove that he is an angel?
  • Christians believe in the holy spirit, but they believe that it is a part of God ie Trinity. But, in Islam, is it a creation of God? and when Allah says 'OUR SPIRIT' - Does it mean his or the holy spirit?
  • I think the Bible says that it was an angel who came to Mary, but in the Qur'an it is the Spirit who became a man. Why this contradiction between the Bible and the Qur'an?

Wassalam - God bless
Ijaz, A.