Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Testifying to Allah's existence in the past/future?

Offline razorrahmo

• View Profile
Testifying to Allah's existence in the past/future?
« on: October 03, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »
Greetings Brother Joseph,

This verse in the Qur'an has made me ponder deeply and I have a question regarding it that I believe others may have asked themselves also.

Surah 7: 172

Yusuf Ali: When thy Lord drew forth from the Children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants, and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): "Am I not your Lord (who cherishes and sustains you)?"- They said: "Yea! We do testify!" (This), lest ye should say on the Day of Judgment: "Of this we were never mindful":

One may ask " How am I supposed to be accounted for a testimony that I don't ever remember making?

That question arose in me but I was wondering whether the testimony was done by our spiritual self or the part of the Rooh (Spirit) before it was activated within our human body's central nervous system?

Also, in my readings of the Quran years ago, I always felt that it was jumbled and all out of place and order and had difficulty understanding it. But having gone through Physics lessons and the relativity of Time, I understand that it is not messy but it seems "jumbled" to me because the Speaker/Author exists outside of the time/space boundary and thus sees all things in all views while I am stuck in a 3 dimenionsal reality with a forward moving time velocity. This also explains the various scenes of the Day of Judgement which are played out in the Qur'an even though from our relative time, we have not reached there yet.

With reference to the verse above, since all of the "Children of Adam" are mentioned, could it be referring to our spirits in a future time scale (to our future) in a different realm or does it refer to a past time while we were still in the wombs?

Also, when this verse was addressed to the 7th century Arabs, they may have had the same question of "when did I make testimony, I don't remember"..How could it have been addressed?

I appreciate your response.

Thank You,

Abdur Rahman

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Testifying to Allah's existence in the past/future?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:26:07 AM »
Salaam,

Welcome to the forum. I have below taken an excerpt from one of Joseph's posts which may help your query. It talks about an 'innate nature' of human beings.

"So set your face (your purpose) to the religion upright, (in accordance with the) nature (fit'rat) made by God upon which He has created mankind..." (30:30)
091:007-10
"And a soul and Him Who perfected / proportioned it. And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it. He is indeed successful who causes it to grow (purifies it), and he is indeed a failure who corrupts it (buries it)"
The guidance of the Quran attempts to bring human beings back to their true inner self / nature / natural disposition (Arabic: fitrah [1]).
When a doctrine, belief or practice feels out of kilter with one’s ‘inner voice’, the 'chances' are, that an impurity has played its part.
Thus it can also be said with some caution, that souls often know when their desires are playing a part or that they are 'transgressing'.

Offline razorrahmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
Thank you very much for the reply brother.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
Thank you very much for the reply brother.

No problem  :)  btw, I am a 'sister'. ;D

Offline razorrahmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
Greetings,

Goodness me..too quick of typing and assumption on my past as I always address Joseph and others here as Brother..noted my dear "Sister".