Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is marriage compulsory?

Offline seeker0

• View Profile
Is marriage compulsory?
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:25:49 AM »
Hello. I am a young man who believes in the validity of the religion of Islam. Before I found this website, I was in much confusion with regards to whether hadiths are an indispensable part of the religion, but the information and arguments presented here has eliminated them.

My question is as presented above, is marriage compulsory for able-bodied believers who can take on that responsibility, or is it merely authorized as the correct framework for relieving sexual lusts and raising one's own children?

Thank you for your time.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Re: Is marriage compulsory?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
Salam seeker,

You can raise children and have coitus outside the constitution of marriage but it is sinful and is an act of unbelieve.
Here are two Ayats where you can read that marriage is concept made by the creator.
Sura 16:72
"And Allah has made for you mates (and companions) of your own nature. And made for you out of them, sons and daughters and grandchildren, and provided for you sustenance of the best: will they then believe in vain things, and be ungrateful for Allah's favours?― (72)"

It is also orded for the elders to encourage the young one to marry if they are able to it.
Sura 24:32
"Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among your slaves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and He knoweth all things. (32)"

You also find some of articles of Joseph who will answer your question.

regards

Offline seeker0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
Thanks for your response.

I should say however, the answer I am looking for is more specific. I am wondering whether a believer must marry if they can, or can they legitimately choose not to marry for as long as they are able to remain chaste / avoid sexual immorality?

I was unable to find an answer to this question in any of Joseph Islam's articles.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
If you are able to fast as long as you can,and you don't have the desire to satisfiy your compulsion ,there is nothing wrong in my opinion.But if you indulge in masturbation to remain "chaste" there is a dicussion which can clarifiy your question more or less:http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=821

regards