Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: two questions from Surah Muhammad ...

Offline ilker

• View Profile
two questions from Surah Muhammad ...
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:44:08 AM »
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,

I have two questions from Surah Muhammad (47th surah) I need some clarifications.

1) 47:4-5

"Therefore, when you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield smite their necks and, when you have thoroughly subdued them, then take prisoners of war and bind them firmly. After the war lay down her burdens, then you have the choice whether you show them favor or accept ransom. Thus are you commanded. If Allah wanted, He Himself could have punished them; but He adopted this way so that He may test some of you by means of others. As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost.

"He will guide them and improve their state ... "

How to understand "guiding those who are slain" ? Can someone be guided after death ?

2) 47:18 talks about some "signs" of the Day of Resurrection ?

"Are they waiting for the Hour of Doom to overtake them all of a sudden? Do they not know that its signs have already come and when it will actually overtake them, what chance will they have to benefit then by this admonition?"

What are those signs ? How to understand "ashratu-ha" here ?

Salam...

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
Re: two questions from Surah Muhammad ...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:03:23 AM »
Peace. The word used in 47:18, it's from the verb شَرَطَ which I think means "to state conditions".  As for those conditions,  :o
deleted

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:27 AM »
Assalamu Alaikum brother :)

Verse 47:5 was translated this way by one translator:

"God will lead them to everlasting happiness and improve their condition."

I think that makes more sense in conjunction with verse 47:4. The "guidance" could be referring to guiding them to a better place.

As for "signs of the day of judgement," I think that might simply be referring to the books, prophets, and miracles that were sent down by God, teaching people about the Day of Resurrection.

Hope this helps :)

“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »
alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah. Thanks guys i appreciate your help very much :)