Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Wearing trouser/pants below ankle!

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
Wearing trouser/pants below ankle!
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
I have seen rulings on wearing trousers/pants above ankle in Most of the cases. Most of them consider it as haram to wear these below ankle. Even in salat, muslims do that. So, anyone please tell me whats the view from Quran about this issue?
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!

Offline maverick83pk

• View Profile
Re: Wearing trouser/pants below ankle!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:03:05 AM »
Quran does not contain any verse to declare the trouser/ankle relation of a praying believer. This is not an issue in front of over-arching message of Quran!

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:42:43 AM »
Salaam Sstikof,

I am not quite familiar with the rulings you're referring to, so I can't really say much about it/them. But I will say this much: For anything to be considered haram in Islam, it (the reasons for it being haram) must find clear, unambiguous, and unequivocal support from the Quran. In other words, with respect to the rulings you're alluding to, for them to be legitimate, they must find clear support from the Quran.

Peace.

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
I heard the Taliban imposed this rule when they brought their version of sharia to Pakistan. There's this book that Malala wrote, and she mentioned an incident where a man was shot for not adhering to the "trousers above ankle" rule. Completely ridiculous.

There's nothing about this in the Quran. It might have stemmed from traditions where Muhammad always wore his pants above the ankle because he didn't want to get them dirty. Either way, it has nothing to do with Islam.

It's quite nonsensical how people want to copy everything Muhammad pbuh did. He rode camels, so does that mean we should too? Of course not. His character can  be followed from the Quran.

Anyway, that's off topic. Salam :)

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 01:39:14 PM »
Thanks for clarification :)
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:45:26 AM »
Most of the Tableeghi Jamaat people keep the Trouzer, Paint & all wear to keep it above the Ankle. This
tradition dates back to our prophet's time when the wealthy Arabs use to wear long Topes/ Trouzers which were so low to sweap the earth on which our Prophet asked them to keep the trouser/ Tope above ankle. Taking this saying of prophet the Ulma ask the fellow Muslims to wear above ankle. This
custom is for Muslim males and not applicable to Muslim Wemen.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
Most of the Tableeghi Jamaat people keep the Trouzer, Paint & all wear to keep it above the Ankle. This
tradition dates back to our prophet's time when the wealthy Arabs use to wear long Topes/ Trouzers which were so low to sweap the earth on which our Prophet asked them to keep the trouser/ Tope above ankle. Taking this saying of prophet the Ulma ask the fellow Muslims to wear above ankle. This
custom is for Muslim males and not applicable to Muslim Wemen.
So what is your suggestion? Is this religious or not?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:49:22 AM »
No This is religious or Quranic order but customary and nobody is bound to accept Hadith narrations.

Offline Qadada

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »
So you all accept Quraan and reject Hadith.

So how do you pray nearly no details is giving on how to pray. So how do you pray don't huNat me with a reply I am not interested in your lies.

Anzaal al Kitaab wa al HIKMAH - wa means a addition what's the HIKMAH which means way and sunnah always means way or method.

So the hadiths are just made up? Your basically saying the Sahaba and the students of the Sahaba made them up. Shame on you.

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 09:35:37 AM »
Salaam Qadada,

Before I proceed to answering your questions I would like to make a few points of my own, so bear with me.

The Quran claims to be a book (full) of guidance and one which guides to a path which is most firm, right, straight and stable (see: 31:3; 17:9; 2:2-3; 17:9; 16:89). For a book to guide, it would follow that said book would contain all info, details and practices necessary for our guidance and which would therefore lead to that guidance. But if we are to accept the argument that all or some of the rituals and practices which are necessary for our guidance cannot be found in the Quran and can therefore only be found in other sources, is to concede to the idea that the Quran is not necessarily a book “of guidance”. Because how can it, on the one hand claim/call itself a "book of guidance/a guidance for mankind", and yet on the other hand omit things the very thing necessary for our guidance? In such instance the Quran would only contain “half guidance”.

The Quran also claims to be a fully detailed explanation (Arabic: fussilat 41:3; 11:1), the perfect guidance (Arabic: hudan 2:2), a clear convincing proof (Arabic: burhan (4:174), the ultimate scale (Arabic: mizan 42.17; 57:25), the discernment between truth and falsehood (Arabic: Furqan 25:1, 2:53), an evidence absolutely clear (Arabic: bayyina 20:133) and a clear explanation of all matters (Arabic: tibiana  lekulli shayin 16:89). A scripture cannot make these fanciful claims and yet on the other-hand not provide necessary details for human guidance as part of God ordained 'religion', or claimed to be (by some) incomplete, lacking details, and in need/dependent on other/secondary sources. 

A scripture cannot be 'fussilat' and then not provide necessary details for human guidance as part of God ordained 'religion'. So why wouldn't Allah, as your question seems to suggest, mention the details of the salat in the quran? What reason would Allah have not to detail it in the quran? Or are you suggesting that Allah forgot to mention such details in the quran or that He ran out of words and thus left it up to fallible men to give mention to it? 

With all that said, Onto answering you questions.

You asked:

So how do you pray nearly no details is giving on how to pray

With respect to how to offer the salat while upholding the Quran alone, the following site answers that Question:

HOW CAN WE LEARN PRAYER IF WE DON'T HAVE HADITH TO TEACH US?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/prayer%20without%20hadith%20FM3.htm

You also said:

don't huNat me with a reply I am not interested in your lies.

With all due respect the above statement of yours is a contradiction from your previous statement in which you ask how to pray salat. How can you, on the one hand, ask us a question with regards to salat and yet, on the other hand, say you're not interested in our replies? And on what ground do you assert that our replies are lies?

By chance if you are interested in our replies I have already given you mine, and I would like to now post several questions of my own which I would appreciate you answering:

1) Why would Allah, on the one hand, mention those rituals in the Quran and command us (on more than one occasion) to uphold them and yet, on the other hand, fail to mention how/in what manner they should be upheld? Why didn’t Allah, in the same breath (while commanding us to uphold those practices/rituals) also given mention/explain as to how they should be performed? Are we to assume Allah forgot or that He ran out of words?

2) What are we to think of a scripture (i.e the Quran) that repeatedly emphasizes a certain act/practice (such as salah and zakat) but never explains (as you claim) how to perform said act/practice? The conclusion drawn would be that said scripture is a terrible omission and in that case it cannot be from God.

3) If, as you falsely assume, the salat is not detailed in the Quran then what purpose does the Quran serve in our lives? Why would Allah send down a book which He has admonished us to follow and yet leave it ambiguous? For you to suggest that the rituals you’ve alluded to (salat, zakat) aren’t mentioned in the Quran, means you are, in a sense, suggesting that the Quran is not complete nor fully detailed (despite Allah saying otherwise). Please ask yourself why issues/matters which Allah highly commands us to fulfill more than once in the Quran and are so vital for our salvations and guidance would not, as you seem to suggest, be mentioned in the Quran as to how to perform them? What use does the Quran serve if, as you suggest, it fails to mention how (and in what manner) we are to perform the very rituals it so demanding-ly instructs us to uphold?

4) Would you be so kind as to tell us which hadith describes how to pray? And if the haidth teach us how to offer salat then how do you explain the many different methods of prayer from both the Sunnis and the Shiits (and the sub-sects within them)?

You also said:

Anzaal al Kitaab wa al HIKMAH - wa means a addition what's the HIKMAH which means way and sunnah always means way or method.

With respect, I disagree with you when you assert that the word Hikmah mean something additional (such as the sunnah)? Upon you is the burden to prove soely from a Quran perspective that the word Hikmah means sunnah.

If you are interested in what the word Hikmah means from a Quran perspective, I advice you to read the following article:

DOES 'HIKMAH' (WISDOM) MEAN SUNNA OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD? (pbuh)
http://quransmessage.com/articles/hikmah%20FM3.htm

Also, with respect to the term Hikmah please condsider 17:39, which reads as follows:

“This is part of the wisdom that your Lord reveals to you" [Quran 17:39]

The word “wisdom” in the above verse is used to refer to some thirteen ethical teachings enumerated in verses 22 to 38 (of Surat Al-'Isrā' 17:22-39).

And by the way, many of us don't outright reject the hadiths. We only reject those which are in clear contradictions of the Quran, as well as those which find absolutely no support from the Quran.

Peace.

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 06:13:12 PM »
Dear All,

Please do not discuss Code 19 related material on this thread going forward.

Thread split and moved to:

Re: Wearing trouser/pants below ankle! & Code 19
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1828.0

Please also remain mindful of forum policy: 2f

(f)     This forum must not be used as a platform for any form of indiscriminate advertising, whether it is with a view to promote another scholar's views or the views of a particular group of thinkers, especially when academic differences of opinion have been made clear.

Please kindly do not debate code 19 on this forum.

Thanks!

QM Moderators

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 03:10:47 AM »
Dear Truth Seeker , That is what Bro good logic is doing on this forum.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 03:19:57 AM »
Salaam Sardar Miyan,

As you can see, there has been a warning issued regarding Code19
discussions so monitoring will be taking place hereon.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 06:10:16 AM »
OK Thanks Truth Seeker for banning discussions on Code 19

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
Salam,

I'm not annoyed by the ban on code 19 discussions, since they were getting a bit out of hand. I was just wondering why you decided to ban them altogether. There are many topics that are debated on this forum, like hadith validity and certain aspects of Quranic narratives. People are sometimes divided over these things and seek to promote their views on these issues. It's similar to what's being done with Code 19.

Maybe you could simply ban attempts to promote the views of Rashad's followers. However, if people only wish to discuss the veracity of Code 19 without specifically promoting Rashad's views, would that be alright? :)

I'm just wondering. And I also enjoy refuting people who think God's book had major errors for 1,400 years. ;) (Sorry.)

Mia :D