Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Not sure...

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
Not sure...
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:50:09 AM »
Peace be upon you.

1. The month of Ramadan is approaching. But I've got a problem: It's hard to fast for ca 20 h per day for a month. During Winter time it's just ca 5 h per day. If I were to travel further, at north direction, then it would be more than 23 h fasting per day -- ouch!
What does the Quran say about it or do you have any advice?

2. Praying during Summer is also difficult. Ishaa: 23:47; Fadjr: 1:53. After waking up, I can get headaches and be very drowsy, so that I pray unconcentrated. :(
Did God ordained us to follow "the Sun position watch" only to make it easier for us (especially for people of the past times) to observe five prayer of the day? Any advice? I can't imagine how people would wake up for the prayer, in the past, without an alarm.

3. God says in the Quran that He protects churches, mosques and synagogues (22:40). Is it acceptable for a believer to pray in the church or synagogue?

4. I heard someone say that he would die, rather then eating human flesh. What is the best decision to make: to die or to eat human flesh to survive?

Thank you.  :)

Kind regards,
Haji

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:36 AM »
Salaam,

With regards to the fasting, I think that because your hours of fasting are extremely long, that you could try to fast as long as possible instead.Fasting is ordained but not to make difficulties for you so in this case being practical would be better.

For the prayer issue, maybe you could sleep after Magrib and wake up later , around 1 am to read Isha and stay up for Fajr. If not  then maybe you could wake up later for Fajr.. more towards the sunrise time

For praying in churches or synogogues, as you say, they belong to God. His name is mentioned in these places so I think it should be fine for you to pray there.

In extreme cases we are allowed to eat pig but I am unsure about cannibilism.If someone was so desperate that he/she resorted to it then only God can judge them for it.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
Salaam,

I have just read an article of Joseph's regarding food prohibitions and cannibalism. He says:

HUMAN FLESH

Human life is sacred. Humans are not to take the life of another human being without just cause (capital punishment for murder and for spreading corruption in the land). Please see verse 5:32, 4:29, 4:92-93 and 6:151. Therefore, killing another human being for food remains prohibited. One could argue that it is permissible to consume human flesh after death has occurred naturally. However this is negated by verse 5:3 in which carrion (dead meat) is also prohibited.

There is an exception given in accentuating circumstances where dead meat can be eaten but such a situation would be extremely rare. However, there have been cases where stranded people have kept themselves alive long enough (only eating as much as they need) from the dead bodies of other humans. This is an extreme situation and as verse 5:3 stipulates: "Anyone who is compelled by hunger, not by will to eat what is forbidden, not intending to commit sin, will find God Merciful and Forgiving".

http://quransmessage.com/articles/food%20restrictions%20FM3.htm

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 05:08:19 AM »
Peace Truth Seeker

1. Yeah, it would be a good idéa.
If I would travel to Mecca in the summer, during ramadan, I wouldn't fast ca 20 h per day. If I would fast during winter, near the north pole, I would fast ca 8 h per day -- a big diffrence compared to 20 h per day. What is the purpose of it? I just don't get why it's so special to follow "the sun watch"?

2. There isn't much big difference between Ishaa and Maghrib and between Fadjr and Sunrise. As I mentioned, when I wake up, I get drowsy and pray unconcentrated.  Isn't it better to wait some hours and pray instead of missing the morning prayer or doing it unconcentrated? In addition if I didn't had an alarm, probably, I wouldn't wake up on the right time at all.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »
Salaam,

With the prayer, if it means you can concentrate better by staying up for fajr then you should do that. Also this way you would ensure that you wouldn't miss it either.

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »
Salaam,

I have just read an article of Joseph's regarding food prohibitions and cannibalism. He says:

HUMAN FLESH

Human life is sacred. Humans are not to take the life of another human being without just cause (capital punishment for murder and for spreading corruption in the land). Please see verse 5:32, 4:29, 4:92-93 and 6:151. Therefore, killing another human being for food remains prohibited. One could argue that it is permissible to consume human flesh after death has occurred naturally. However this is negated by verse 5:3 in which carrion (dead meat) is also prohibited.

There is an exception given in accentuating circumstances where dead meat can be eaten but such a situation would be extremely rare. However, there have been cases where stranded people have kept themselves alive long enough (only eating as much as they need) from the dead bodies of other humans. This is an extreme situation and as verse 5:3 stipulates: "Anyone who is compelled by hunger, not by will to eat what is forbidden, not intending to commit sin, will find God Merciful and Forgiving".

http://quransmessage.com/articles/food%20restrictions%20FM3.htm

salam,

so yes, dead meat (carrion) is prohibited and killing another human being except for the cases mentioned above is forbidden. but just to avoid this logical reasoning, I've seen some articles implying that "eating the flesh of an unbeliever slain in the battlefield" is not haram ! how should we reply to that ?

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »
Salam.

Recently once again have seen the 90's movie named ALIVE, based upon a true story, where a plane crushed into the Andes mountains. When run out of food, after great debate, the starving passengers decide to eat the flesh of their dead companions in order to survive. Seeing the scene I remember the verse and its very clear.
"But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, God is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (5:3 part)