Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What ARE the differences between Hafs and Warsh??
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »
Salaam Good Logic,

I think that Wanderer is still trying to grasp the concept so I don't think that by adding misguided mathematical miracles into the mix will help him.

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 11:29:15 PM »
Can someone just please help me, how do we know Hafs is correct???!!
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 11:55:42 PM »
Peace. Could you elaborate as to what you'd like?
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 02:00:31 AM »
I've already told you. Stop beating around the bush.
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 03:07:08 AM »
Peace. For what do you think there has to be a "correct", and an "incorrect"? How have you "known" it to be the truth from your Lord hitherto this discussion? It's because of the messages, right? And we've informed you that there isn't a variation in the message (or what you would, and wouldn't do). So again, for what do you think there is a "correct", and an "incorrect"?
Peace out.
deleted

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 03:07:57 AM »
e. It's a map, and another map with a variation of a letter here, and a letter there. All the paths on the map without variation.
deleted

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 05:15:43 AM »
Peace Truthseeker..

You say, quote:

I think that Wanderer is still trying to grasp the concept so I don't think that by adding misguided mathematical miracles into the mix will help him.

I hope you noticed that I was asking him to research /check  all information for himself.

Now I have a couple of questions for you,if you do not mind:

1- Which mushaf was originally sent through the prophet ?

2-Are you familiar with 46:10?:قُل أَرَءَيتُم إِن كانَ مِن عِندِ اللَّهِ وَكَفَرتُم بِهِ وَشَهِدَ شاهِدٌ مِن بَنى إِسرٰءيلَ عَلىٰ مِثلِهِ فَـٔامَنَ وَاستَكبَرتُم إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يَهدِى القَومَ الظّٰلِمينَ
Please give me your understanding of this verse, since you say "misguided mathematical miracles"
Is  this verse not saying " Older scripture was similarly composed like Qoran  as witnessed by someone  from Beni Israel"?

Thank you and GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 05:52:35 AM »
Peace. Have you forgotten that the Hafs transmission also includes 9:128, and 9:129?
deleted

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
Assalamu Alaikum Good Logic,

I agree with Truth Seeker--Wanderer is confused enough as it is, and he/she doesn't need to be confused further by your alleged mathematical miracle. I think it's in everyone's best interests to leave the "19 code" out of this and instead focus on the Hafs and Warsh transmissions. This is just a kind request :)

To Wanderer: As Brother Joseph stated in this article, the Quran says that it was revealed and written down with "witnesses" and "honorable scribes." The need for witnesses seems to suggest that the transmission of the Quran which the majority follow, is the right one.

So according to the Quran itself, the Hafs transmission has been pretty much perfectly preserved. All Hafs transmissions are consistent with themselves (there are no differences between copies of the Hafs Quran). So this is the one which, according to the Quran, is preserved and guarded from corruption.

The Warsh version isn't corrupted either--it's just a slightly different reading.

As to your question about why the Hafs Quran is the correct one: The Quran seems to suggest that Hafs is correct, since it's the majority transmission. So if the Quran is to be believed, then the Hafs version is free from errors and is the same one as the recitation revealed to the Prophet. We believe in the Hafs transmission since the Quranic evidence indicates it to be the more accurate one.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :)

“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 07:44:57 AM »
Also this is just what I understand from Brother Joseph's articles and my own deductions--I might be wrong.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
 :P
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
What about ancient manuscripts of the Quran, are they any differences between them and modern editions??

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
Yes.
deleted

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 10:49:36 AM »
WHAT??!! HOW??!! I thought that the Quran was preserved. You people told me so!! Why are you LYING to me??!!

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »
Peace brother. If you have time; here's the Tübingen manuscript (from between ~645, and 675)
deleted