Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Non-Muslims question the severity of punishments of Islam.

Offline Qadada

• View Profile
Re: Non-Muslims question the severity of punishments of Islam.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
the other two things are in hadith I though it was in Quraan but Quraan doesnt teach all details.

How do you pray?

The details are not there.

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »
Salaam Qadada,

You said:

No sorry the verse says cut off it can't be reinterpret and I read the article it proved nothing.

With all due respect, that's a childish argument. The author of the article you read clearly showed you what that verse means (basing his support solely from the Quran). If you disagree and believe otherwise then present your counter-argument, solely from the Quran.

And what do you mean when you say it can't be reinterpreted? What makes your interpretation the correct one?

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
Salaam Qadada,

You said:

the other two things are in hadith I though it was in Quraan but Quraan doesnt teach all details

With all due respect I completely disagree with you. The Quran claims to be a fully detailed explanation (Arabic: fussilat 41:3; 11:1). It also claims to be a clear explanation of all matters (Arabic: tibiana  lekulli shayin 16:89). A scripture cannot make these fanciful claims and yet on the other-hand not provide necessary details for human guidance as part of God ordained 'religion', or claimed to be (by some) incomplete, lacking details, and in need/dependent on other/secondary sources.

A scripture cannot be 'fussilat' and then not provide necessary details for human guidance as part of God ordained 'religion'.

So allow me to ask you a question: If those punishments are necessary for our guidance, then why hasn't Allah mention them in the Quran? The very Quran Allah has said is fully detailed and a clear explanation of all things.
What reason would Allah have not to detail it in the quran? Or we to believe that Allah forgot to mention such details in the quran or that He ran out of words and thus left it up to fallible men to give mention to it?

You also asked:

How do you pray

Again, the following article explains prayer form a Quran perspective, as well.:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/prayer%20without%20hadith%20FM3.htm

Allow me to ask you another question, sense you assume the Quran doesn't mention how to pray:

1) The Quran claims to be a book (full) of guidance and one which guides to a path which is most firm, right, straight and stable (see: 31:3; 17:9; 2:2-3; 17:9; 16:89). For a book to guide, it would follow that said book would contain all info, details and practices necessary for our guidance and which would therefore lead to that guidance. But to accept the argument that the salat, which is necessary for our guidance, cannot be found in the Quran and can therefore only be found in other sources, is to concede to the idea that the Quran is not necessarily a book “of guidance”. Because how can it, on the one hand claim/call itself a "book of guidance/a guidance for mankind", and yet on the other hand omit things the very thing necessary for our guidance? In such instance the Quran would only contain “half guidance”.

2) If, as you seem to believe, the salat is not alluded to in the Quran, then why do you believe that is? Why would Allah not mention the salat in the Quran? Are we, again, to believe that Allah forgot to mention such details in the quran?

3)Would you be so kind as to tell us which hadith describes how to pray? And if the haidth teach us how to offer salat then how do you explain the many different methods of prayer from both the Sunnis and the Shiits (and the sub-sects within them)?

4) and if the Quran, as you claim, doesn't contain all the details necessary for our guidance, then may I ask what purpose the Quran serves us? What are we to think of a scripture (i.e the Quran) that repeatedly emphasizes a certain act/practice (such as salah and zakat) but never explains (as you claim) how to perform said act/practice? The conclusion drawn would be that said scripture is a terrible omission and in that case it cannot be from God.

Please answer each one of the question I posed to you.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 06:44:16 AM »
Bro Qadada are you 19er? Why did quote Masjid Tuscan translation? Please clarify.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:16 AM »
Salam Sardar Miyan,

Clearly he's not a 19er. He's arguing in support of hadiths. The Masjidtuscon translation is just that--a translation. :)

Salam everyone else,

Maybe we should stay on topic here?  ;) Just to cover, I've added a couple articles Qadada should look at:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/god%20has%20warned%20believers%20to%20only%20follow%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

http://quransmessage.com/articles/hadith%20and%20sunna%20FM3.htm

Brother Qadada, if you look at these objectively they should clear up any issues.

I asked a question earlier on this thread--if someone commits a sin, like theft or adultery, and repents before they are punished, is the punishment lifted?  :o

Mia

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?