Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Your Articles and a Question on Quran's Authority

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Your Articles and a Question on Quran's Authority
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:53:51 AM »
Dear brother Joseph,

Peace be with you,

May Allah protect en guide you, and give you the ability and strength to keep up the good works of clarifying en spreading His message.

Going over your articles for more than a year now, I don’t know where to start. I certainly have to thank you for all explanations you have given me, by the mercy of Allah. Thank you for that very much. I ask Allah to grand you of His goodness therefore. But even more, I admire your method and your humble behaviour. This is a very great example for all people that pursuit to know the truth. I also thank you for that. And I thank Allah for this understanding en this experience.

I could say many more things that I experienced during my (ongoing) study of topics on your website, but you and I have limited time. Therefore I would like to start with some simple questions. I hope you will clarify them for me.

On your website you say:
The Quran remains the final source of judgement and the ultimate authority for all true believers.

What evidence, or reasonable motivation, do you have for the statement that the Quran is the final source of judgement? If you refer to secondary sources, than I can understand it. But if you mean final source for judgement period, does it then mean that there can’t be (is or is to come) no other source of judgement than the Quran? As far as I know, the Quran never explicitly say so. My second question is similar. What is the base of your statement that the Quran is the ultimate authority for true believers?

Kind regards,

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Your Articles and a Question on Quran's Authority
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »
May peace be with you too.

Thank you for your kind words.

My claim is that for believers, the Quran is the only source of judgment in matters of religion. i.e. matters of Divine decree – God ordained. Of course this does not mean that a society cannot make use of other sources to make judgments based on their necessities, but this will only be best endeavours, open to critique and change depending on circumstances. These judgements will not be ‘religious decrees’ in the name of God.

Therefore ‘in matters of God ordained religion’, the Quran is the sole source of religious authority. [1]

I hope that clarifies, God willing.
Joseph

REFERENCE

[1] THE QURAN STANDS ALONE AS SOLE RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/quran%20sole%20guidance%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell