Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is the Significance of 40 years?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
What is the Significance of 40 years?
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
46:15 We have enjoined on the human to be good and kind to his parents. In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the child and his total dependence on her took thirty months. When he attains full maturity and reaches forty years, he says, "My Lord! Enable me to be grateful for the favor You have done to me and my parents, and that I may do works that meet Your approval. And make for me the upbringing of my children that they may be righteous as well. To You I turn, for I am of those who submit to You." [2:233, 7:189, 17:23-24, 31:13-15. Parents, because the father remained committed to the child and gave the mother full support in rearing]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salam All , Can somebody tell me the signification of 40 years ? What Rashad Khlifa's interpretation of
this Ayaah? Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: What is the Significance of 40 years?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:16 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

As-salamu alaykum

As I intimated to you in the post [1] below, please can ensure that you have a look at the Q&A database where I have answered many questions to see if your question has already been dealt with.

Once again, I have already responded to a similar question below:

Will Everyone Before Age 40 Go to Heaven?
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=205.0

I hope this helps, God willing,
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] Allahu Akbar in Quran
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1533.msg7096#msg7096
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell