Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Physical Prostration is Immodest ?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Is Physical Prostration is Immodest ?
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:10 AM »

Is Physical Prostration Immodest? The Mode of Salaat Prayer:

Hasan Basari said that physical prostration was forbidden for reasons of modesty since the Salaat prayer used to be only congregational and in the Masjid with men standing on the left side and women on the right. The Salaat prayer used to begin with people standing behind the local Emir (governor) and it was completed in that posture. The Emir recited only Surah Al-Fatihah OR a few other verses relevant to the situation. Then he went ahead with the issues about community welfare and public affairs. When the assembly was adjourned, people dispersed and worked on the agreed upon decisions while engaging in their jobs or businesses. Incidentally, that also indicates that Friday was never
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though Ourbeacon Forum does not believe in Ahadith (Secondary Source) but this Blog shows that SAJDA,Physical Prostration is Immodest.I can not believe this as Allah asked the Angels to prostrate Adam.Every body Prostrates in Salah.Mary was asked to Ruku & Prostrate with others.Hope brothers & sisters will kindly throw light on this.Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is Physical Prostration is Immodest ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
Salaam Sardar,

There has just been an in-depth discussion on this forum about 'prostration'. Can you please refer to the link below.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=477.0

Ourbeacon are free to discuss matters as they deem fit. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my view the ourbeacon philosophy of interpreting the Quran is highly flawed. However this would be another topic.

Thanks

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
Thank you very Bro Truth Seeker for outspoken view of Ourbeacon people. As a matter if fact I have requested Allama Ghamidi to review Dr Shabbir's translation as was done about GAPerwaiz, though he is too busy to do this. Thanks anyway.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
By posting my Blog I wanted all Bros to know as to  how ourbeacon wants to take favour of  a Hadith  as against  Quranic  act of SAJDA ( Prostration) to be Immodest. RUKU & Sujood are different acts therefore when Allah asks Mary to do  Ruku & Prostrate which means two different practical acts of worship.