Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Physical Bodies in Heaven

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Physical Bodies in Heaven
« on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:57 AM »
Assalam alikum 1. I know we will be a new creation in heaven but does that mean we won't have physical boddies that we will just be soul boddies like spiritual boddies like angles and the way Christians believe and 2. will we be able to eat and drink like now physical or will we not be able or wont to do that stuff that we will only pray and spritaul soul stuff like that like angles do and the way Christians believe and that's it nothing physical stuff fun just spiritual stuff  3. like will paradise be just physical or just spiritual or just both physical and spiritual with or with out a physical boddies I know I've asked a question similar but this got mixed up with other questions not on the topic so I felt it didn't get answered because of the other questions what was with it sorry to ask again

Offline Nura

• View Profile
Re: Physical Bodies in Heaven
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 06:42:13 AM »
Salam Yahya

1) The Quran says we will be resurrected and there is implication that we will have physical bodies because God says that it is not difficult for Him to make a body constituting of blood, bones, skins and muscles for the second time, when it was not difficult to make us for the first time. God makes it clear to people in the Quran,  who doubt that, how will our bodies be back when they rot and nothing is left after a few years. Not only that,  the Quran speaks of our skin  regenerating itself in hell, fresh skin is produced each time the old skin is burnt of so that pain can be felt. There are numerous implicatons that we will have a physical body, but we do not know whether that body will be exactly like the one we have on earth or not.How do you know angels do not have physical bodies? The Quran talks about angels having wings. Just because Gabriel, the Spirit, appeared as a human to the prophets and others does not mean angels do not have physical bodies of their own. Anyway there is debate about whether Gabriel was an angel or not. Please read the relevant article on the main website. Some Christians believe Jesus was the son of God, does this mean this is true? Just because Christians believe something doesn't mean that is true.

2) Again the Quran talks about food being available in paradise. What is the point of telling us that, if we won't be allowed to eat? Ofcourse we will be allowed to eat! Where in the Quran does it say, that in paradise we won't be allowed to have fun and it is a place where people will only pray? Are you expected to only pray on earth? God says His purpose behind creating us is praying, yet we are asked to pray at certain times of the day and night, with intervals and not continuously! It is true that people will sing the praises of God in paradise, so do we do now on Earth, but does that mean we will do it continuously without any break in heaven? I doubt that. But how exactly are we going to pray in heaven and how much and at what times, these answers are unknown.

Who said that angels do only spiritual stuff? We only know that they do not disobey God. Angels maintain the weather,  rain, harvest, writing our records, they protect children and adults from calamities upon God's orders, they have jobs to do and we are told that they are good at what God asks them to do.

3) Are u asking whether paradise will be a physical place or not? Yes, most likely it will be a physical place because God tells us, there will be streams and gardens and thrones on which believers will recline. But I cannot give you a 100%  guarantee, but most likely, some aspects of us and paradise will be physical and some aspects will be spiritual. We ,as a creation, and  Earth as a place ( there are dimensions we cannot detect with our senses, so maybe we can call them something else other than spiritual, but I have used the term spiritual to refer to these aspects of the Earth for the lack of a better word on my part) are neither fully physical or spiritual now, why must that mean we will be either fully physical or spiritual in the afterlife, we can be a mixture of both spiritual and physical. But the exact properties/characteristics of  us  (state of our bodies and souls after resurrection) and paradise and hell as a place,  in the afterlife are not provided in details in the Quran.

From some of your questions I get the idea that u never read the complete Quran fully even once. I would advice you to do that in a language you understand well. Somethings are clarified at other places in the Quran, and to form a knowledgeble opinion about a topic, you have to read all the relevant verses together. You keep on making subtle comments about Islam, which you extract from secondary sources or other scriptures. But this forum is strictly about discussing Quran and passing comments about the verses of the Quran that are clear. Most of us do not like commenting about things that are not elaborated in the Quran.
Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »
Assalam alikum nur so do you agree that paradise will be physical and we will have physical boddies even thow 56:35 says we will be new creation different from our resurrected boddies

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
Asalamu Alylum

Dear Sharon

Please see this excerpt of a post from brother Joseph. I urge you to read the whole post and Insha'Allah your inquiries will be answered.[1]

The Quran in no uncertain terms, states that our forms will be recreated anew, a new life form, a different existence. This form is clearly stated as 'unknown' to humans.

056:060-61
"We have decreed death among you and We are not to be overcome. In order that We may change your likeness and produce you into what you know not."

Our earthly physiology has been designed to cater for this transient world; planet Earth. Not another planet, celestial object or world. Even in other parts of our very own solar system such as other planets, our forms would be useless as they would not cater for the specific environment of those planets. We would arguably die within moments without any assistance in those environments. Therefore when the world will be created anew, our forms will be recreated into an existence that would cater for that existence and not the world before which would have no purpose after destruction. From a Quranic perspective, we need to remove ourselves from an overtly earth-centric view of ourselves.

‘Lo” We have created them a (New Creation)”
(Inna (Indeed we/ Lo) Inshanahunna (We have produced them) Inshaa (Into a creation))

There is simply, no ambiguity in these verses.

Now with regards the other implicit verses that you have mentioned, they have a context. It is important to remember that the Quran in these instances was speaking to an audience that questioned resurrection outright. They could not believe / were not prepared to believe that once someone had died and become dust and bones that they could be resurrected again, ultimately questioning God's power over His creation. It was in this specific remit, that the response was given that God had the ability to recreate humans, even down to their very fingertips, if He so willed. (75:3-4)

075.003-4
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?  Nay! We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers!"

"And they say: "What! when we are reduced to bones and crumbled particles / dust, we will really be raised up (to be) a new creation?"

017.050-51
Say: "Become stones or iron, or any created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up), - (Yet shall ye be raised up)!" Then they will say: "Who will restore us?" Say: "He who created you the first time!" Then they will shake their heads at you and they will say "When will it be?" Say "Perhaps that will be soon",

Now this does not mean that humans can become stones, iron or any other form that one wishes. No of course not! We shall remain flesh and bones. However, the response is given in this manner to underscore the fact that God has the power to resurrect regardless of what earthly forms His creation may occupy. This does not negate or contradict the explicit verses which state that resurrected souls will be created anew in tandem to requirements of a world yet to come, as God wishes. There is a difference.

For example, If I am in inventor of a unique vehicle and assert that I will recreate another of a different form, after I completely demolished the existing one and you claim, that I could not; my response to you that I had the power and know how to completely recreate the existing vehicle does not negate my initial assertion which is that I will create a totally new vehicle. Your assertion in this instance would be wholly unwarranted given that I have already created a unique vehicle in the first place, thus by logical inference, I could thus create the existing vehicle once again, as well as one of a completely different form.

The Quran often presents similitudes of a world, yet unknown to humans, in order that they may relate to it. This must not be confused with interpreting it in absolute literal terms.

“On the day, the earth will be changed to a different earth, and so will be the heavens, and they will come forth to God, the One, the Irresistible"

Therefore, in conclusion, we will be created a new life form, in a new world yet unknown to us. This is supported by explicit verses of the Quran. Other verses of an implicit nature merely underscore God’s authority and power to do what He wills and is a specific rebuke to the claims made by those that were not willing to accept resurrection as a reality.

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph

Salam

[1] http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1428.0

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 04:25:15 PM »
Ok thanks so to sum up we will still have human boddies and they will be physical with flesh and bone and paradise will be physical and spiritual and will still be humans male and female with different heights but our body's will be a new creation of flesh and bone human form physical is this all correct jazzakkallah

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »
1. But does this mean that we won't have the same mind meaning like rembering this world like sins and history and such does it mean we will forget off this world won't rembering anything does it mean we won't look back at history to learn etc
2. And does it mean that when the verses say we have whatever we desire does it mean the stuff only in heaven that we won't have the desires for the stuff from earth like a car into heaven or will we have those desires

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »
3. Also does it mean we will only be praying and praising and doing spiritual stuff not are own stuff etc
4. And will we have work and can we decide to do work and not work  and like I said we will have physical boddies but they will be different correct and heaven both physical and spiritual correct

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
Shalom / peace Sharon .....why don't you stop asking questions regarding matters that the Quran is silent on or doesn't elaborate in detail for a reason???????