Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Expansion of Khilafat in Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar's era.

Offline maverick83pk

• View Profile
Expansion of Khilafat in Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar's era.
« on: October 04, 2015, 01:13:36 AM »
Aoa,

I have read the articles posted by Sire Joseph Islam, which mainly portray that Islam does not allow one to invade other people's lands and only allows for self-defense or to remove oppression and make justice prevail.

Now, with this in mind, it seems that all the khilafat expansion from hijaz to europe and africa in Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar's Era were illegal and against Quranic directives?!

Moreover, people say that Islam is a system of life, and all systems want to prevail and subdue other systems. So it means that various parties like "hizb-u-tehrir" are right in their stance to make Islamic System rid all other systems from the world?!

Please elaborate and help me, im confused :(

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Expansion of Khilafat in Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar's era.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »
Wa alaikum assalam maverick83pk,

Now, with this in mind, it seems that all the khilafat expansion from hijaz to europe and africa in Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar's Era were illegal and against Quranic directives?!

With respect, the questions we must ask are how do we know the histories of these men? Where do we learn the names and characteristics of personalities such as 'Hazrat Abu Bakr' and 'Hazrat Umar' and people that have followed after them? How do we know what really happened? Are we to use the same arguably dubious secondary sources written with questionable / sectarian bias on both ends of the spectrum to decipher the truth? How can we ever know the real truth of the nature of the expansion and the many different nuances behind each and every event recorded by fallible men in history?

Are we instructed by the Quran to seek out their histories?

From the Quran's perspective, my humble advice would be clear:

"Say: You will not be asked of our crimes, nor shall we be asked of what you do.

One ponders, if this was the statement given to the contemporaries of the Prophet, how pertinent would this advice be for successive generations?

The general sentiment indicating deterrence against assessing the actions of a people of the past is powerfully narrated in yet another Quranic verse.

"Those are a people who have passed away. Theirs is that which they earned, and yours is that which you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do"

I hope this helps, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] INFATUATION WITH THE HISTORIES OF MEN
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/335615166536048
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell